Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We still have 2 TV starlets to identify: 

#3) She was a southern beauty queen who played a TV secretary in a 1 hour dramatic series, which co-starred an actor who started acting in classic Hollywood movies right after graduation from Hollywood High. 

#7) This starlet was a professional singer from a foreign country who appeared in a 1 hour dramatic show, which co-starred an actor who had a brief Hollywood movie career as a young leading man.

Hint: WB

10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

We still have 2 TV starlets to identify: 

#3) She was a southern beauty queen who played a TV secretary in a 1 hour dramatic series, which co-starred an actor who started acting in classic Hollywood movies right after graduation from Hollywood High. 

#7) This starlet was a professional singer from a foreign country who appeared in a 1 hour dramatic show, which co-starred an actor who had a brief Hollywood movie career as a young leading man.

Hint: WB

Reminder 🎗️

13 hours ago, Peebs said:

I'm just taking a wild guess, is it someone like  Nancy Kwan or France Nuyen?  Both appeared on Hawaii Five 0.

8 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Could #7 be Sondi Sodsai who appeared on "Adventures In Paradise" with Gardner McKay?  She was a former Miss Thailand, and the show definitely had a tropical setting.  

#7 starlet was a regular on this one hour dramatic show, the description/ hints included

1) It was WB.

2) She was a professional singer who sang often in her own foreign language.

3)  The young co-star of the one hour dramatic series, briefly had a Hollywood career as a leading man.

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

#7 starlet was a regular on this one hour dramatic show, the description/ hints included

1) It was WB.

2) She was a professional singer who sang often in her own foreign language.

3)  The young co-star of the one hour dramatic series, briefly had a Hollywood career as a leading man.

7.  Margarita Sierra,  the tv show was Surf Side Six,  she sang in Spainish sometimes, Troy Donohue was the leading man film star for a few years ???

6 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

7.  Margarita Sierra,  the tv show was Surf Side Six,  she sang in Spainish sometimes, Troy Donohue was the leading man film star for a few years ???

Thanks, Lav, for wrapping this up because I always thought Margarita Sierra's life was a tragedy for such a talented and beautiful woman to die so young. But It's lovely to remember her today.

Well, we had real good participation on this one. The more people who play, the more fun we all have.😃😃😃

With eight out of 11, Lav takes the thread--

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🦃🦃and

Happy Hanukkah!🕎🕎🕎

Thanks.

2 brothers composed many hit songs,one wrote the theme songs for some hit tv shows In the classic time period (50's - 70's) the other had many hit songs  in the same classic time period that are still considered classics. Both collaborated with other songwriters for these.

Who are these 2 Brothers,  name a few tv theme songs one wrote and some of the popular hit songs the other wrote ????????

21 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Both brothers also co  wrote songs or films (with other collaborators)

Many Oscar nominations for both and one won an Oscar for Best original Song he wrote the lyrics for and his collaborator also won for Best original Score for the film.

I don't really know the answer, but I'm just going to guess.

Once I had the pleasure of meeting Robert Sherman, truly a beautiful man. 

And I believe, he and his brother, Richard, wrote the score to "Mary Poppins". And they won the Oscar for the score and for the song "Chim Chim Cheree".

But I have to also put in that I loved the song Annette sang that they wrote, "Tall Paul". 

I don't know if that's the right answer, but they also wrote all the Disney stuff, so maybe that's where the TV comes in with The Mickey Mouse Club?

(Also, I can't leave out Ringo's big recycled hit that they also wrote, "You're 16".)

Sorry Pincess, not the 2 brothers I'm asking about.  1 of the brothers did co write

a nominated song for a Disney film. I also wrote that they wrote with other collaborators not with each other.

Especially one of the writing teams was probably among the most famous songwriters in the time period with lots and lots of hit songs.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

*1 of the brothers co-wrote the theme songs to some of the WB hit tv shows in the classic time period

Well, this WB baby lined up all the dots and found the Livingston Brothers--Alan, whom, I know all too well about. 

But the older one, Jay had all the Oscars.

Jay won 3 Academy awards for Best Song in collaboration with Ray Evans for-- 

Button and Bows 

Mona Lisa & 

Que Sera Sera. 

On TV they wrote the themes for--

Mr Ed &

Bonanza.

(Jay wrote WB 's Sugarfoot with another collaborator.)

Well, unfortunately I'm well aware of the controversial career of Alan Livingston at Capitol Records. But, I wasn't aware that he actually wrote music apparently; he wrote a Tweety Pie number "I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat" and created the concept of Bozo the Clown. 

*(The songwriter Jerry Livingston wrote "77 Sunset Strip", " Bourbon Street Beat" et al and the "12th of Never". But I don't have any proof that he was related to these two brothers referenced above.)

I'll give it to you princess but those are not the brothers this question Is about and I wrote that one of the  brothers was part of a songwriting team that was probably the most popular with lots and lots and lots of hit songs. I ha e already said .ore than once these 2 brothers did not write songs together. One of the brothers collaboration with most probably the most well known songwriter at that time wrote a ton of hits together. Every popular singer at the time had hits with their songs

Maybe try again but if not then take the thread.

33 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'll give it to you princess but those are not the brothers this question Is about and I wrote that one of the  brothers was part of a songwriting team that was probably the most popular with lots and lots and lots of hit songs. I ha e already said .ore than once these 2 brothers did not write songs together. One of the brothers collaboration with most probably the most well known songwriter at that time wrote a ton of hits together. Every popular singer at the time had hits with their songs

I'll try again.

35 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I just realized what the answer is. I'm sorry that it took me so long. It's Hal David and Mack David. 

I should have known this answer, but I took too much time up with Burt Bacharach when I was young.

If you are going to try again then The question is still open, I left it up to you. Here is another hi t PBS did a special on one of the brothers songwriting partners recently their so gs that wrote together were highlighted.as an aside PBS had already done a special on one of the brothets

Just now, Princess of Tap said:

I just realized what the answer is. I'm sorry that it took me so long. It's Hal David and Mack David. 

I should have known this answer, but I took too much time up with Burt Bacharach when I was young.

Burt Bacharach and Hal David won Oscars for "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head".  

And my favorite songs for them are "The Look of Love", "Alfie" and "Promises, promises".

Mack David wrote the WB TV themes.