Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 12/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, lavenderblue19 said:

I'm not frustrated getting the answers I cannot stand the way Cinemsmsn posts his answers

Too difficult to read. The considerate way would be to skip lines between answers

Totally different than last night

I' m  like  protest  this  finding.  You  complain  about  me  and  yet  you  did  not  spell  my  name  correctly.  Please  lets us  work  together  to  find  an  good  solution. Thanks

#4 is Hotel de Paree.  It starred Earl Holliman.  Apparently it was not a show that I watched frequently.

Princess, I watched "The Baileys Of Balboa" only a few times.  I don't remember " Wide Country" or "Straightaway" at all.  "December Bride" was on in the era of "I Love Lucy" and "Father Knows Best".  I saw it a few times but I was not a regular viewer.  "Bringing Up Buddy" was also not a favorite in my house.  One bit of trivia, however, is that one of the elderly aunts was played by Enid Markey.  She was the first actress to play Jane in a Tarzan movie.  It was in 1918 with Elmo Lincoln.  Frank Aletter, who played Buddy was married to Lee Meriwether. 

Princess, it seems that quite a few of the shows that you referenced featured elderly characters.  Did you notice that? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

#4 is Hotel de Paree.  It starred Earl Holliman.  Apparently it was not a show that I watched frequently.

Princess, I watched "The Baileys Of Balboa" only a few times.  I don't remember " Wide Country" or "Straightaway" at all.  "December Bride" was on in the era of "I Love Lucy" and "Father Knows Best".  I saw it a few times but I was not a regular viewer.  "Bringing Up Buddy" was also not a favorite in my house.  One bit of trivia, however, is that one of the elderly aunts was played by Enid Markey.  She was the first actress to play Jane in a Tarzan movie.  It was in 1918 with Elmo Lincoln.  Frank Aletter, who played Buddy was married to Lee Meriwether. 

Princess, it seems that quite a few of the shows that you referenced featured elderly characters.  Did you notice that? 

My Grandma used to come over to watch TV in the evenings when the programming featured some people near her own age. But we all enjoyed those shows too!

• Like 1

Thanks  Princess  you  have  great  knowledge of nostalgia  TV  next:  Western  TV  Ladies.  Please  name  the  actress and  the  show  she  was  on. 1.  Actress  was born  in  Texas ,  had  an  recurring  role  in  The  Rifleman  and  played  the  wife  of  an  famous  frontiersman  her  Western  tv  show.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2.  Actress  was  born  in  Inglewood  Ca,  her  famous  husband  was  on  a  popular  police  show,  the  actress  played  an  role  on  a  Western  spoof   sit-com.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     3. Actress  was  born  in  Argentina,  was  in   an  classic  John  Ford  Western    and  the  location  for  her  show  was  in  the  Southwest (  played  an wife  of  a  rancher)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                4.  Actress  born  in   Buffalo  New  York,  she  helped  start  the  Performing  Animal   Welfare  Society,  played  the  role  of   an  saloon  owner  in  the  longest  running  tv  Western.      please  see  the  next  post  the  conclusion  of  this  quiz.

5.  Actress  was  born  in  Brooklyn  New  York ,  had  an  great  film  career  (  made  plenty  of  Westerns) , played  the  role  the  matriarch  of  family  of  one  daughter  and  four  sons.  The  location  of  this  Western  was  in  Stockton  California.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           6.  Actress  was  born  in  Hollywood,  was  in  a  Doris  Day  comedy  film ,  was  part  of  an  orphaned  family  heading  out  west  and  her  role  was  the sister of  that  family.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    7.   Actress  was born  in  Little  Rock  Arkansas ,  was  honored   into  the  National  Cowgirl  Hall  of  Fame,  Gene  Autry  helped  this  star  and  was in  his  show.  This  star  played          the  role  of  a  famous  lady  sharp   shooter  for  her  Western.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:57 PM, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Princess  next:  Screen  Teams,  please  name  the  screen  team  by  their  one  picture  clue.  example  These  Three  1936  answer  Joel  McCrea  and  Miriam  Hopkins  1.  Woman  of  the  Year 1942   2.  Babes  In  Arms  1939  3.  To  Have and  Have  Not  1944  4.  Top  Hat  1935   5.  The  Quiet  Man  1952  6.  Dancing  Lady  1933  7.  Captain  Blood  1935  8.  Naughty  Marietta  1935   9. Ball  of  Fire  1941  10. Ninotchka  1939  11.  Gilda  1946  12.  The  Shop  Around  the  Corner  1940   13. The  Awful  Truth  1937   14.  The  Thin   Man  1934   15.  The  Petrified  Forest  1936

This is how you're been posting before this. See the difference? So much easier to read and answer when posted  not as a run on sentence  but as a vertical list. So much easier to read the numbers posted too so that we can see which number corresponds to the question. When you answer a question someone else has posted, when it's posted in a long sentence it makes it difficult to read  and see what's

been answered 

Glad you posted your last question the way you did.As a courtesy to you  I will repost your question so there won't be an interruption

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Princess  you  have  great  knowledge of nostalgia  TV  next:  Western  TV  Ladies.  Please  name  the  actress and  the  show  she  was  on. 1.  Actress  was born  in  Texas ,  had  an  recurring  role  in  The  Rifleman  and  played  the  wife  of  an  famous  frontiersman  her  Western  tv  show.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2.  Actress  was  born  in  Inglewood  Ca,  her  famous  husband  was  on  a  popular  police  show,  the  actress  played  an  role  on  a  Western  spoof   sit-com.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     3. Actress  was  born  in  Argentina,  was  in   an  classic  John  Ford  Western    and  the  location  for  her  show  was  in  the  Southwest (  played  an wife  of  a  rancher)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                4.  Actress  born  in   Buffalo  New  York,  she  helped  start  the  Performing  Animal   Welfare  Society,  played  the  role  of   an  saloon  owner  in  the  longest  running  tv  Western.      please  see  the  next  post  the  conclusion  of  this  quiz.

9 hours ago, cinemaman said:

5.  Actress  was  born  in  Brooklyn  New  York ,  had  an  great  film  career  (  made  plenty  of  Westerns) , played  the  role  the  matriarch  of  family  of  one  daughter  and  four  sons.  The  location  of  this  Western  was  in  Stockton  California.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           6.  Actress  was  born  in  Hollywood,  was  in  a  Doris  Day  comedy  film ,  was  part  of  an  orphaned  family  heading  out  west  and  her  role  was  the sister of  that  family.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    7.   Actress  was born  in  Little  Rock  Arkansas ,  was  honored   into  the  National  Cowgirl  Hall  of  Fame,  Gene  Autry  helped  this  star  and  was in  his  show.  This  star  played          the  role  of  a  famous  lady  sharp   shooter  for  her  Western.

This is an easy question for me.  I only looked up two of them to check the birthplaces.  Here's what I think.

1.  Patricia Blair - Daniel Boone

2.  Melody Patterson - F Troop

3.  Linda Cristal - The High Chaparral

4.  Amanda Blake - Gunsmoke

5.  Barbara Stanwyck - The Big Valley

6.  Barbara Hershey - The Monroes

7.  Gail Davis - Annie Oakley

• Like 2

Here are twenty photos of cast members of some vintage westerns.  Can you name the show as well as the actors and actresses (and sometimes animals) pictured?

1.  image.jpeg.71cdd8a58a9fae47b23ee8021971587a.jpeg 

2.  image.jpeg.f46080aa8c5f77a32b6aecfb5892159d.jpeg 

3.   image.jpeg.af6501bf9859d574d105da1d6479e242.jpeg 

4.  image.jpeg.a43ac999f6c16df495b28f490d196e49.jpeg 

5.  image.jpeg.2922e356d11134c54e4cbfa3396b4caf.jpeg 

6.  Watch Hopalong Cassidy: Hopalong Cassidy: Ep 221 - 3-7-77 on STARZ 

7.  image.jpeg.91afcde338a64830b12a389cc4289720.jpeg 

8.  image.jpeg.ccda2e408a6a32b3bee3839ab61dfba5.jpeg 

9.  image.jpeg.39f1413adb1818efb514e85780e35bcb.jpeg 

10. image.jpeg.b6e5e7b9c4ae5bc69fe3d3800534a1fe.jpeg 

11.  My Friend Flicka (TV series) - Conservapedia 

12.    Fury: The Brave Stallion (Series) - TV Tropes 

13. Annie Oakley (TV Series 1954–1957) - IMDb 

14.  Dick Jones, Who Gave Voice to Disney's Pinocchio, Dies at 87 - The New York  Times 

15.  image.jpeg.e74ee6b0b86f6d2f4e06851c3f3dbc63.jpeg 

16.  ON THIS DAY IN SHOW BIZ: RAWHIDE MAKES ITS TV DEBUT - Hollywood Outbreak 

17.  GIF wagon air zug - animated GIF on GIFER 

18.  Pin on Old Western Movie and TV STARS 

19.  image.jpeg.ca89bfa2545139e6bb2765fdb0bcfc1e.jpeg 

20.     image.jpeg.dfba464efb336fc74f2c6d7892fb5a6e.jpeg 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3.  The Cisco Kid with  Duncan Reynoldo as The Cisco Kid & Leo Carrillo as Pancho

15.  Have Gun Will Travel  Wanted Dead or Alive  with Steve McQueen 

19.  Sergeant Preston of the Yukon with Dick Simmons & Yukon King as King 

1 Sky King  - Gloria Winters as Penny  Kirby Grant. Ron Haggerty 

2. Hugh O'Brian   Adventures of Wyatt Earp

7. Roy Rogers Show. Roy Rogers,  Dale Evans, Pat Brady

8. Adventures of Wild Bill Hickcock   Guy Madison ,Andy Devine as Jingles 

10. Rin Tin Tin.  Lee Aaker, James Brown

12. Fury  Bobby Diamond,  Peter Graves

13. Annie Oakley.  Gail Davis, Jimmy Hawkins

16 Rawhide,  Clint Eastwood   Eric Fleming 

17. Wagon Train  Ward Bond Robert Horton

18. The Restless Gun,  John Payne

Peebs, your memory deceives you.  #15 is indeed Steve McQueen, but the show is "Wanted: Dead Or Alive".  

The man next to Bobby Diamond in #12 is William Fawcett who played Pete, the ranch hand. 

The man in #13 is Brad Johnson who played Deputy Lofty Craig.

Very good so far.

There are still seven photos to go.   #4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 14, and 20.  

The man on the left in #4 was Sally Field's stepfather.  The young fellow with him was a one time child actor, who is also pictured in #14.

The man on the left in #5 was a famous singing cowboy.

The man in black in #6 played that character in movies for many years,  The man with him was on "Petticoat Junction". 

The man on the left in #9 was married to Perry Mason's secretary. 

The family in #11 lived on the Goose Bar Ranch,  The show was based on a movie with Roddy McDowall.

The man in #20 played a sheriff in the town where Wyatt Earp had the famous shoot-out at the OK Corral.

• Thanks 1

Very good!  We have them all now.  Some of these shows are still shown on the retro TV channels like Encore Western, and FETV.  Lavender got the most so she gets to post the next question.  By the way, which of these old westerns were your favorites?

Thanks Miles, didn't need to look them up.

Next

Comedy duos were popular in the 50's and 60's .Some appeared on variety tv shows some also had their own tv shows. Can you name them  without looking them up, should be easy ?

1. One of the comedians had crazy looking hair

2. One was silly one was handsome

3. Married couple

4. Quick gags and skits

5. Political satire 

6. Film stars had their own tv show

7. Married couple and appeared in films and tv show

8. Besides comedy performances both were writers and directors

????????