Find results in...

Retro Trivia

DownGoesFrazier

18 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

2.  The Rookies - Kate Jackson as Jill Danko

4.  Marcus Welby M.D. - Elena Verdugo as Consuelo Lopez

5.  Trapper John M.D. - Lorna Luft as Libby Kegler

6.  Emergency - Julie London as Dixie McCall

Miles  you  are  correct  for  answers  2,4  and  6 .   Question  number  five  is  not  Trapper   John  M.D.  Lorna  Luft  as  Libby  Kegler .  Hint  this  actress  was  married  to  Steve  Allen . Thanks

Here are photos of some of our favorite teachers from golden age TV shows.  Can you name the TV show, the actor or actress, and the character's name that they portray on the show?

1.  96344af3e84b99d368521ce5148bd64c.jpg 

2.     s-l300.jpg 

3.    8fa250274b108cfe66ca139f23317265.jpg 

4.  RadioSpirits.com - Our Miss Brooks - Eve Arden 

5.  Miss Canfield - Wikipedia 

6.  What ever happened to the cast of 'Dobie Gillis'? 

7.  Robert Rockwell — The Movie Database (TMDB) 

8.  Sue Randall as Miss Landers - Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries | Online photo  gallery, Leave it to beaver, Classic tv 

9.  Mr. Peepers Show (1952-1955) - Marion Lorne played the role of ditzy Mrs.  Gurney. She later starred in Bewitched a… | Character actress, Bewitched tv  show, Tv shows 

10.  Karen Valentine Net Worth 

11.     Welcome Back, Kotter" I Wonder Who's Kissing Gabe Now (TV Episode 1977) -  IMDb 

12.  Aneta Corsaut, Better Known As Helen Crump On Andy Griffith Show –  Nostalgia and Now 

13.     Who is Jean Byron dating? Jean Byron boyfriend, husband  

2. Lloyd Haines who was Pete Dixon, coolest teacher at Walt Whitman High on Room 222.

5. Diane Brewster...Miss Canfield, Beaver's first teacher on Leave it to Beaver

8. Sue Randall,  Beaver's second teacher (and big crush), Miss Landers

9. Marion Lorne, who --as Mrs. Gurney - taught at Jefferson High with Mr. Peepers

10. Karen Valentine as teacher Alice Johnson on Room 222

11. Gabe Kaplan, was Gabe Kotter on Welcome Back Kotter

12. Aneta Corsault was Helen Crump, Opie's teacher on Andy Griffith Show

13. Jean Byron she was Dobie's math teacher Mrs. Adams in high school and his college professor Imogene Burkhart on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis 

I would like to point out that #6 William Schallert and #13 Jean Byron played Patty Duke's parents on "The Patty Duke Show".  Thanks to Princess, Shutoo, and Lavender.  Well done, everyone.  We have them all now.  Princess got the most so she gets to post next.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

I would like to point out that #6 William Schallert and #13 Jean Byron played Patty Duke's parents on "The Patty Duke Show".  Thanks to Princess, Shutoo, and Lavender.  Well done, everyone.  We have them all now.  Princess got the most so she gets to post next.

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

10. Karen Valentine as teacher Alice Johnson on Room 222

11. Gabe Kaplan, was Gabe Kotter on Welcome Back Kotter

12. Aneta Corsault was Helen Crump, Opie's teacher on Andy Griffith Show

13. Jean Byron she was Dobie's math teacher Mrs. Adams in high school and his college professor Imogene Burkhart on The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis 

Thanks, Miles. 

I've done quite a few lately, so I pass to my distinguished colleague, Lav.

23 hours ago, shutoo said:

2. Lloyd Haines who was Pete Dixon, coolest teacher at Walt Whitman High on Room 222.

5. Diane Brewster...Miss Canfield, Beaver's first teacher on Leave it to Beaver

8. Sue Randall,  Beaver's second teacher (and big crush), Miss Landers

9. Marion Lorne, who --as Mrs. Gurney - taught at Jefferson High with Mr. Peepers

Shutoo, the thread is yours.

Thanks Princess.    I'm calling this one 'The Play's the Thing'.   Below are 25 names of plays that can be associated with a classic sitcom...one or more of the regulars were involved in writing, acting in, investing in, or just watching the play.   Now that sounds pretty hard...so here is a list of sitcoms to choose from:   I Love Lucy, Petticoat Junction, Bewitched, That Girl, The Odd Couple, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Green Acres, The Patty Duke Show, The Brady Bunch, Car 54 Where Are You?, The Dick Van Dyke Show,  The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Gilligan's Island, Our Miss Brooks.

Here's the catch---some shows will be the answer to more than one...and 4 of them will not be the answer to any....so...keeping that in mind, in which shows were the characters involved in:

1.  And Everything Nice

2. Bathtub

3. Flowers and Feathers

4. Anthony and Cleopatra

5. The Queen of Diamonds

6. The Fairy Princess

7. Hamlet (the musical)

8. Baby Fat

9. Little Miss Pioneer

10. Over the Teacups

11. Waiting For Wednesday

12. The Gold Rush Girl

13. Kiss My Face

14. Tempest in the Tropics

15. The Pleasant Peasant

16. Waiting For an Armadillo

17.  Carmen

18. All Work and No Play

19. The Revolutionary Heart

20. The Little Dutch Boy

21. Who Killed Jock Robin?

22. Magnolias at Manassas

23. A Preponderance of Artichokes

24. The Solid White Zebra

25. The Most Happy Fella

49 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

2. Not sure if this is the answer but I remember an episode on The Dick Van Dyke Show when Laura takes a bath and her toe gets stuck in the faucet, the episode was Never Bathe on Saturdays?

That's not it...a funny episode though...(I don't think they mentioned the play's name)

#4.  Anthony and Cleopatra - The Dick Van Dyke Show'.  Rob gets roped into directing a local production as a fund raiser.  Laura plays Cleopatra and Rob gets upset every time the leading man (Bob Crane) kisses her.

#6.  The Fairy Princess - "The Brady Bunch".  Cindy lands the part in a school play.

image.jpeg.72201bc237be69d637509740b3b2c21b.jpeg 

#7.  Hamlet (The Musical) - "Gilligan's Island".  The cast puts on a production of Hamlet to showcase Ginger's acting for a Hollywood producer, Phil Silvers.  This could also be the answer to #17 Carmen, because they do music from "Carmen".

image.jpeg.b8eaa0f490764e51f933be69d0c14890.jpeg 

11.  Waiting For Wednesday - "Car 54, Where Are You?"

#13.  Kiss My Face - "The Odd Couple".  Oscar and Felix are arrested and charged with ticket scalping for a show called "Kiss My Face".

#21.  Who Killed Jock Robin? - "Green Acres".  Arnold the pig is the star of a stage show.   I believe there is a line about him being a big "Ham" actor. 

image.jpeg.961027736c767bc509e20abc01ef6600.jpeg

#22.  Magnolias At Manassas - Dobie Gillis

#23.  A Preponderance of Artichokes - "That Girl"

I found these by googling a few key words.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

4.  Anthony and Cleopatra - The Dick Van Dyke Show'.  Rob gets roped into directing a local production as a fund raiser.  Laura plays Cleopatra and Rob gets upset every time the leading man (Bob Crane) kisses her.

Google doesn't know everything 😉they never put on this production..it got changed, and in another show not only do they perform it on stage, but we see a humorous scene...with 2 Cleopatras.

I'll give some clues shortly...