Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Retro Trivia

DownGoesFrazier

what's left...

1.  And Everything Nice....takes 2 episodes to follow the out of town opening for this B'way show...and closing

2.  Bathtub...the stars go to see this...a friend is in the cast..the performance gets interrupted (I'm also positive Princess would know this one.._)

3.  Flowers and Feathers....school play...the series' lead is the play lead (playing a bird)

4.  Anthony and Cleopatra...the show goes on...and things get confusing when two Cleopatras show up..surprise, surprise...

5. Queen of Diamonds...the show is set in NYC, but this play is put on in the midwest...a 2 episode story

14. Tempest in the Tropics...several of the regulars are involved with writing, directing, and acting in this...trouble arises when two female regulars (but not the series' stars)  want the lead

18.  All Work and No Play...one of the regulars writes this play about the workplace and two other regulars star in it...basically playing themselves

must admit, I thought 3. and 5. would be the toughest...but I also though2. and 18 would be guessed first...go figure...

1. And Everything Nice -The Philadelphia Story is the  episode on That Girl Marlo Thomas as Ann Marie 

3. FLOWERS AND FEATHERS - Leave it to Beaver - ( Larry Mathers ) the episode  is School Play

4. Anthony and Cleopatra - The Lucy Show - Lucy as Cleopatra andVivian Vance as Mark Anthony in episode Lucy Plays Cleopatra

????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

1. And Everything Nice -The Philadelphia Story episode on That Girl Marlo Thomas as Ann Marie 

3. FLOWERS AND FEATHERS - Leave it to Beaver - Beaver ( Larry Mathers episode  School Play

4. Anthony and Cleopatra - The Lucy Show - Lucy as Cleopatra andVivian Vance as Mark Anthony in episode Lucy Plays Cleopatra

????

Yes, yes...and no (I'm really sorry I included this one if it was done in other shows...but remember, this one goes on with two Cleo's..)

On 2/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, shutoo said:

5. Queen of Diamonds...the show is set in NYC, but this play is put on in the midwest...a 2 episode story

It's set in St. louis..because the star is visiting her boyfriend's family.

. Tempest in the Tropics...several of the regulars are involved with writing, directing, and acting in this...trouble arises when two female regulars (but not the series' stars)  want the lead

14 ...there are 2 leads in the series..the tall one wrote the play, the wife of the other wants the lead.

18.  All Work and No Play...one of the regulars writes this play about the workplace and two other regulars star in it...basically playing themselves

The regulars put on a 'show' every weekday..but this is the only play..and the series' star got the only good notices (of course...)

I'm going to guess that #18.  "All Work And No Play" is from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Murray writes a play that is produced by a local theater group and Ted and Mary star in it.  The episode was entitled "We Closed In Minneapolis".

Did I miss something?  Did someone get #19  -  "The Revolutionary Heart"?    Could we have some clues?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

I can only guess that #14 - "Tempest In The Tropics" is from "Car 54, Where Are You?".  Francis Muldoon writes a play and Lucille Toody wants to star in it?  

Lucille and Sylvia Schnauser both want the part of the island girl...Sylvia is cast in a cookie commercial and has illusions of stardom.

4 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Did I miss something?  Did someone get #19  -  "The Revolutionary Heart"?    Could we have some clues?

No, I missed something.   I'll give it away:  in this Broadway play, actor Barry Sullivan gets ko'd by the series star.

Thanks Shutoo.  That last question was quite an ambitious undertaking.

Now, here are photos of actors and actresses who portrayed married couples in TV shows of the golden era.  Can you name the TV show, the actors and actresses, and the characters that they played?  Some may be leading characters and some may be supporting players.

1.  Pat Carroll  

2.  The Honeymooners" Art Carney & Joyce Randolph | Honeymooners tv, Classic  comedies, Honeymoon 

3.  The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961) 

4.  Pin on Classic TV 

5.  The People's Choice (a Titles & Air Dates Guide) 

6.  image.jpeg.eba7295c46983b2efcc967afb81a55a1.jpeg 

7.    Mister Ed: Season 2, Episode 5 Ed the Jumper, Connie Hines, Alan Young | Mister  ed, Alan young, Situation comedy 

8.    image.jpeg.b51e8f5d4c69219c4c0494cc356f56f4.jpeg 

9.   Joseph Kearns, Sylvia Field 

10.  Al Lewis and Charlotte Rae in Car 54 where are you? Description from  sitcomsonline.com. I searched for this on bing.co… | Sketch comedy, Charlotte  rae, The munsters 

11.  Joe E. Ross & Beatrice Pons - Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries 

12.  Hal Linden, Barbara Barrie in "Barney Miller"- Original TV Still | eBay 

13.  File:Jim Backus Joan Davis I Married Joan 1953.JPG - Wikimedia Commons 

14.  Gloria Blondell & Tom D'Andrea - Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries 

15.  Florida Friebus 

16.  Jim Backus & Natalie Schafer, Gilligan's Island, episode 1, 9/26/1964. | Gilligan's  island, Comedy tv, Episode 

17.  Hazel17 | Tv dads, Whitney blake, Tv moms 

18.  Born on this date: Hank Patterson – Michael's TV Tray 

19.   William Schallert & Jean Byron from "The Patty Duke Show" | Patty duke, Patty  duke show, Duke 

20.  image.jpeg.a437379513c108f009c200b28e59ed48.jpeg 

1) Sid Melton and Pat Carroll as Charlie and Bunny Halper on "The Danny Thomas Show"

5) Jackie Cooper and Pat Breslin as Sock Miller and Mandy on "The People's Choice"(with Cleo)

7) Alan Young and Connie Hines as Wilbur and Carol Post on "Mr Ed"

17) Don Defore and Whitney Blake as Mr B and Missy, The Baxters on "Hazel" 

18) Arnold  Ziffel's parents--Hank Patterson and Barbara Pepper, Fred and Doris on "Green Acres"

15) Florida Friebus and Frank Faylen are Dobie Gillis' parents, Herbert T and Winnie Gillis.

16) Jim Backus and Natalie Schafer as Thurston Howe III and Lovey Howe on "Gilligan's Island"

20) Lew Parker and Rosemary DeCamp as Lew Marie and Helen Marie on "That Girl"

3. Jerry Paris & Ann Morgan  Guilbert as Jerry and Millie Helper on The Dick Van Dyke Show

10.  Al Lewis & Charlotte Rae as Leo and  Sylvia Schnauser on Car 54, Where Are You?

12.  Hal Linden & Barbara Barrie as  Barney and Liz  Miller on Barney Miller

Very good so far.  By my count we have seventeen of the couples .  We still need the following:

4.  Pin on Classic TV 

The man in #4 played Commissioner Gordon in the "Batman" serial that was shown on TCM on Saturdays a few months ago.

8.  image.jpeg.b51e8f5d4c69219c4c0494cc356f56f4.jpeg 

9.  Joseph Kearns, Sylvia Field 

The couples in #8 and #9 appeared on the same show.

4. Mary Jane Croft and Lyle Talbot they were Joe and Clara Randolph in The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet

8. Henry Anderson and Gloria Henry, as Henry and Alice Mitchell on Dennis the Menace

9. Joseph Kearns and Sylvia Field as George and Martha Wison on Dennis the Menace

Very good, Lavender.  It was Herbert Anderson, not Henry, but you're close enough.  We have them all now.   I hope that everyone enjoyed the question and it brought back some fond memories.  Thanks to all of you who participated.  Princess got the most, so she gets to post the next question.

• Thanks 1