Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Retro Trivia

DownGoesFrazier

19 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

This tv show in the classic time period began it's run on tv  a little more than a month after an exciting real world event took place. The event had an impact on this show. The show wasn't technically a spin off, although the profession of the lead was the same and was on the same network as the other shows that were similiar.

What was the TV Show,  who were the stars of the show and what was happening in real life that had an impact on this show ????

Not the show nor the stars. What was the real life event that had an effect on the show and although not technically a spin off the stars role was the same profession as the other shows on the same network.

7 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The singer is also a photographer. A cab driver and the singer often help the leads in their jobs

Hawaii became the 50th state and WB put out "Hawaiian Eye", another of their TV detective series.

I was a big fan of Connie Stevens, who played Cricket Blake, the nightclub singer. And I liked the cab driver, who also sang, Poncie Ponce.

Correct, Princess, Hawaiian Eye was the tv show. It was on for 4 years, one of the more successful of the  Warner Bros  ABC detective shows.

It starred Robert Conrad,  Anthony Eisley,  Connie Steven's and Poncie Ponce.

Hawaii became our 50th state in August 1959 and the show premiered October 1959

Interest in Hawaii because of statehood,  no doubt contributed to the success of the tv show  and because of statehood and the tv show, tourism was very high, Hawaii became a very popular place to visit.

. I thought was an interesting bit of trivia. Good work, your thread.

• Thanks 1

On "The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet" there were three actual married couples.  Besides Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, there was David Nelson and his wife, actress June Blair, and Ricky Nelson and his wife, actress Kris Harmon.

The Nelson Family ~ The best part, is that these were real couples, a  genuine family. Ozzie and Harriet Nelson with pa… | Movie stars, Ricky  nelson, Television show

• Like 1

There have been quite a few married couples who worked together in TV series.  We all remember Lucy and Desi on "I Love Lucy".  This next one will be easy.  Can you name the actor and actress pictured, the show they were on together, and the names of their characters?  Not all of them played married couples on the shows.

1.  9Okob-1498066218-8810-list_items-couples_madisons.jpg 

2.  TVko2-1498066239-8806-list_items-couples_taxi.jpg 

3.  yDEJL-1498066296-8812-list_items-couples_bernie.jpg 

4.  rxYnD-1498066355-8815-list_items-couple_petticoat.png 

5.  jtG6H-1498066501-8814-list_items-couples_father.jpg 

6.  odvqR-1498066559-8808-list_items-couples_topper.jpg 

7.  gkL9l-1498066227-8807-list_items-couples_hogans_everett.jpg 

8.  The actor pictured here was not a regular cast member on his wife's TV series, but he did appear a few times a a guest star.

HrN7G-1498066519-8811-list_items-couples_djinn.jpg 

9.  The actress pictured here was on her husband's show for a while, but she left the show early in it's run.

image.jpeg.5538ed876d3ede4908754bc3f39c77e7.jpeg 

10.  And who could forget this couple?

image.jpeg.4c91a70a703539e2f72fa6403f644550.jpeg

6) Anne Jeffries and Robert Sterling on Topper  

😎 Ocho)Barbara Eden and Michael Ansara in I Dream of Jeannie

9) Jack Benny and Mary Livingston on The Jack Benny Show

10) George Burns and Gracie Allen on George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

2. Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman in Taxi. He was Louie dePalma and she was Zena his girlfriend 

3. Meredith Baxter Birney and David Birney were married in Bridget Loves Bernie. She dropped the Birney name when they were divorced in real life.

5  Stu Erwin and June Collyer in The Stu Erwin Show. Both had their real names as characters

We have them all now.  Thanks to all who played.  Here's my favorite TV married couple:

image.jpeg.47049dc9bdd1049c1a5a9754f0cb8e45.jpeg 

I have a bit of a problem.  Both Princess and Lavender each answered four correctly.  Normally I would say it's up to them to decide who gets the thread, but since Lavender had the previous question, I'm sure that she would defer to Princess, so I think I will award the thread to Princess.  Hopefully that is alright with everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

We have them all now.  Thanks to all who played.  Here's my favorite TV married couple:

image.jpeg.47049dc9bdd1049c1a5a9754f0cb8e45.jpeg 

I have a bit of a problem.  Both Princess and Lavender each answered four correctly.  Normally I would say it's up to them to decide who gets the thread, but since Lavender had the previous question, I'm sure that she would defer to Princess, so I think I will award the thread to Princess.  Hopefully that is alright with everyone.

Thanks. I always liked your couple, but I would be remiss if I didn't also honor my couple, the 1St Couple of  TV,

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

And I shall return.

This classic TV cowboy appeared in classic films with  Marshall Thompson and Mickey Rooney before going into TV.

After his hit western, he went into other careers, such as TV game show host and politics.

When you identify this TV cowboy and his series, don't forget to name at least one of his classic movies.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This classic TV cowboy appeared in classic films with  Marshall Thompson and Mickey Rooney before going into TV.

After his hit western, he went into other careers, such as TV game show host and politics.

When you identify this TV cowboy and his series, don't forget to name at least one of his classic movies.

Jack Kelley, his western  tv show was Maverick, the movie with Mickey was Drive a Crooked Road and with Marshall Thompson Cult of The Cobra and To Hell and Back. He was a game show host on Sale of the Century. He was Mayor of Huntington Beach, California.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Jack Kelley, his western  tv show was Maverick, the movie with Mickey was Drive a Crooked Road and with Marshall Thompson Cult of The Cobra and To Hell and Back. He was a game show host on Sale of the Century. He was Mayor of Huntington Beach, California.

Lav, everybody loved James Garner, even my mother. But Jack Kelly was very good in "Maverick" and quite handsome to boot. 

Well done, your turn.....