Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Retro Trivia

DownGoesFrazier

Thanks  Peebs  next:  When  the  parts  for  The  Monkees   television  show,  there was  an  casting  process  being  done.  The  question  is  what  three  big  musical names  auditioned  for  the  parts  to be  in  the  show .  Hint  1.  This  star  was  an great  composer and  wrote  the  song  We  Only  Just  Begun.   Hint  2.  This  star  song  was  featured  in  the  movie  Midnight  Cowboy.   Hint  3. This  star  was  member  of  two  great  Rock  Groups  and  is  a friend  of  Peter  Tork.

6 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Peebs  next:  When  the  parts  for  The  Monkees   television  show,  there was  an  casting  process  being  done.  The  question  is  what  three  big  musical names  auditioned  for  the  parts  to be  in  the  show .  Hint  1.  This  star  was  an great  composer and  wrote  the  song  We  Only  Just  Begun.   Hint  2.  This  star  song  was  featured  in  the  movie  Midnight  Cowboy.   Hint  3. This  star  was  member  of  two  great  Rock  Groups  and  is  a friend  of  Peter  Tork.

1. Paul Williams

2. Harry Nilsson

3.  Stephen Stills 

• Like 1

Thanks Cinema!  That was a fun one.  I think I'd watch a version of The Monkees with those three guys.  

Next: 

Can you identify these classic TV shows by the episode featuring Billy Mumy?

Opinion | Living in the Trump Zone - The New York Times

2.  Alfred Hitchcock Presents" The Door Without a Key (TV Episode 1962) - IMDb

3. The Munsters Episode 25: Come Back, Little Googie - Midnite Reviews  

4.  INSIDE BOB FOREMAN'S BRAIN PART 2: BILLY MUMY ON PERRY MASON

5.papermoon4 | I dream of jeannie, Dream of jeannie, Lost in space

6.  Bewitched" A Vision of Sugar Plums (TV Episode 1964) - IMDb

7.  The Rockford Files" Aura Lee, Farewell (TV Episode 1975) - IMDb

Thanks  Peebs   next:   Elvis  Presley   Ladies  Test   Please  name  the  television  show  that  these ladies  were  on.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1. Carolyn  Jones
  2. Mary  Tyler  Moore
  3.  Shelley  Fabares
  4. Donna   Douglas  
  5.  Hope  Lange
  6. Tuesday   Weld
  7.  Barbara  Eden
  8.  Marlyn   Mason
  9.  Barbara  Stanwyck
  10.  Diane  McBain
  11. Deborah  Walley
  12. Yvonne  Craig
  13. Lola   Albright
   14. Joan  Blondell

2 hours ago, cinemaman said:

1. The Addams Family

2.  The Dick Van Dyke Show

3. The Donna Reed Show

4.  The Beverly Hillbillies

5. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

6. The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis

7. I Dream of Jeannie

• Like 1

8.  Marlyn   Mason -- Ben Casey 
  9.  Barbara  Stanwyck --- Big Valley
  10.  Diane  McBain --Surfside 6
  11. Deborah  Walley -- The Mothers-In-Law
  12. Yvonne  Craig -- Batman
  13. Lola   Albright -- Peter Gunn

• Like 1

I  wish  to  extend   my  thanks  to  Peebs  and  Broadway  for  playing.  Peebs  is  the  winner  of this  contest  for  the  most  answers  correct.  Peebs  gets  to pose  the  next  questions  in the  thread.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Cinema!

Next

In the movie Halloween (1978) the villain, Michael Myers wears a mask.  The movie's production designer bought two masks at a magic shop.  The first was an Emmet Kelly (clown) mask but they decided against it.  They chose to use the second mask, painting it white, cutting wider eye holes and pulling the hair back.   What actor is the rubbery mask that Michael Myers wears?

Hint:  The original mask vs the same mask painted white, with bigger eye holes and slick back hair as used in Halloween

The actor has been in movies with Yul Brenner, Spencer Tracy, Edward G Robinson but is best known for his role on a 1960's TV show.  The mask was advertised as a mask of his well-known TV character.  He also played this character in movies.

Michael Myers' Halloween Mask WAS Shatner's Face

8 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Looks like William Shatner as Captain Kirk

That's it.  Well done, Lavender!  I just found this out recently.  Apparently, William Shatner was not pleased.

Your thread. 👍

5 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

This is the first thing that came to mind.  Robert Reed played Mike Brady, the father on "The Brady Bunch", and he had a recurring role on "Mannix" as a police detective named Adam Tobias.

Yes,  you must be watching re-runs on Me tv too lol

Robert Reed was Dad Mike Brady on The Brady Bunch, while also playing Adam Tobias, a Police Detective on Mannix at the same time. Good thinking Mr. Miles , your thread 😀