Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Retro Trivia

DownGoesFrazier

Recently, we had a list of famous horses in vintage TV shows.  Now, I've decided to ask for a list of TV dogs.  In the hopes of getting more participation. I am asking Lavender and Princess to hold back from answering for a day or so.  This will be a very easy quiz.  If you can't get at least a few of them, you probably are way too young for this thread.

Here are photos of dogs on well known TV shows.  They are pictured with some human cast members.  Can you name the dog as well as the TV show where it was featured?  By the way, one dog is in two photos.  That's right, the same dog was featured in two different TV shows.

1.   File:Lassie cast 1963.jpg - Wikimedia Commons 

2.  image.jpeg.a95ccdff54e3f8439324196c4da752e5.jpeg 

3.  image.jpeg.74dc8516023b0b8c7eb8958cdc2a8c13.jpeg 

4.   image.jpeg.07d1dec50d03d4bafbba124133f28e61.jpeg 

5.  image.jpeg.8c477e3ebaffb65f88a42f644d7596f3.jpeg 

6.  image.jpeg.264ff03386b94926f6e52d472b360467.jpeg 

7.  image.jpeg.f7aab5758e522cd6d37e4e505e8e3545.jpeg 

8.  419 Doris Day Show Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images 

9.  The Brady Bunch - Mike Lookinland | Tiger the Dog Picture #94438525 - 454 x  300 - FanPix.Net 

10.    image.jpeg.a3643ce1f19c94d655cc04978d33e8f5.jpeg 

11.  image.jpeg.36dc33e83cb2f2a21fa4529068690a1a.jpeg 

12.  Longstreet (TV series) | Tv series, Old tv shows, Television show 

image.jpeg

1) Lassie--Lassie 

3) Bullet--The Roy Rogers Show

5) Cleo--The People's Choice

6) Tramp--My Three Sons

7) Duke--The Beverly Hillbillies

(I'm sorry miles, I wrote this because I read from the bottom--and you can still have my "Husband and Wife" if you want them.)

We have them all now.  Thanks to those who participated.  The dog who was in  two shows was Lord Nelson, the dog in "The Doris Day Show".  He also played Lad A Dog in "Please Don't Eat The Daisies".   

Princess and Lavender each got five, so I actually flipped a coin and the thread goes to Lavender.

3 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

We have them all now.  Thanks to those who participated.  The dog who was in  two shows was Lord Nelson, the dog in "The Doris Day Show".  He also played Lad A Dog in "Please Don't Eat The Daisies".   

Princess and Lavender each got five, so I actually flipped a coin and the thread goes to Lavender.

I believe you, Miles, but I pass anyway because at the moment I am all out of Retro questions. 😲

This is an early 1970’s series about a young newlywed couple dealing with the wife's ability to read minds. The series explored how the ESP impacted their interpersonal relationships.  It aired on Friday nights on NBC and only aired for one season.

The male lead was also a successful recording artist and in the 1970's was one of the rotating guest host for the Tonight Show.  The female lead was the star of two television series in the 1960's.  She later became a successful movie star winning two Academy Awards.

Can you name the title of the series and the lead actors?

It was called "The Girl With Something Extra" and it starred Sally Field and John Davidson.  

Girl with something extra 1973.JPG 

It was kind of a copycat of "Bewitched" with the wife having special powers.  It was on opposite "The Odd Couple" and "Good Times", both established rating winners, so it was cancelled because of low ratings before the end of the full season.  Here is an episode:

Actually, the problem may have been that the husband was as pretty as the wife.  He certainly had great hair!

This next one should be easy, that is, if you are of a certain age.  I'll supply the years and the titles of hit songs from those years.  All you have to do is name the singer, or singers, or musical group that recorded each hit song for those years.  Remember, some songs were recorded by others later.  We're looking for the original hit song.

1.  1950 - The Tennessee Waltz

2.  1951 - Too Young

3.  1952 - Cry

4.  1953 - Rags To Riches

5.  1954 - Mr. Sandman

6.  1955 - The Great Pretender

7.  1956 - In The Still Of The Night

8.  1957 - My Special Angel

9.  1958 - Tequila

10.  1959 -  The Battle Of  New Orleans

Thanks Princess and Lavender.   We have them all now.   Again, I thought I made this pretty easy in hopes of getting more participation, but I am coming to the conclusion that the few of us who take part in this thread may be the oldest members of these boards, either that or we haven't had our memories diminished by age.  If I post one like this in the future, I'll try to make it more challenging.  For now, we'll move on.  Princess got six to four for Lavender, so Princess gets the thread.

• Thanks 1

Next:

Everybody talks about the star of the show. But without terrific supporting players, there would be no show.

See if you can identify the star, the classic TV show and their talented sidekick/supporting player.

X1) In this Western, the star is a legendary, Oscar winning-movie star with a famous acting family. Name his sidekick.

X2) This actor starred in probably the most popular and iconic classic Western of all time. He had two sidekicks during its long run--name either one.

X3) This comedy took place in the military. The star had a lovable sidekick whose name was the same as a popular dog breed.

4) This comedy took place in the military. The star had a lovable sidekick who often, very conveniently, had a bad memory.

X5) This dramatic show was about law enforcement in a major city. The star had a sidekick (partner), but several people played the role at different times. In a revival of the show, there was, of course, another sidekick. Identify your choice of the sidekicks. (Hint: The star's character name was one of the days of the week.)

6) This dramatic show was about law enforcement in a major city. The star worked closely with a team, any one of them would serve as his sidekick.(Hint: The show is based on a real law enforcement team before World War II.)

X7) In this private eye show, the star's sidekick is a sexy secretary whose face you never see.

😎 XHuit)In this private eye show, the star (s) sidekick is a young hipster, parking attendant.

X9)In this private eye show, the star's romantic sidekick is a sexy, sultry songstress.(Hint: She sings in a nightclub named after a family member.)

X10) In this private eye show, the star's sexy sidekick/secretary broke television ground because of her race.

11) On this late night talk show, the star had a sidekick who was also a morning game show host--doing the two jobs at the same time on the same network.

X12) On this late night talk show, the star had a sidekick who had been his sidekick on a previous afternoon game show. (Hint: The two shows were on different networks.)

Encore une fois--

We need the name of the show, the star and the sidekick.

Bonne Chance

5. Dragnet, the star was Jack Webb,  his name was Joe Friday and his sidekick partner was Harry Morgan

7 Richard Diamond PI , David Janssen, Mary Tyler Moore was Sam we never see her face

8. 77 Sunset Strip, Efraim Zimbalist Jr., the sidekick was Ed Byrnes as Kookie

9. Peter Gunn was Craig Stevens and beautiful Lola Albright played Edie she was his girlfriend, sidekick and the restaurant was Mothers

10. Mannix was Mike Connors his sidekick was Gail Fisher she was Peggy ( I still watch the show and it has one of the best theme songs on tv )

12. Johnny Carson Who Do You Trust and The Tonight Show, his  sidekick on both was Ed McMahon

• Like 1