Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone miss the "Damn good actress" sound bite . . .

HoldenIsHere

I'm not sure who was saying "Damn good actress," but it was a man's voice.

That was when Alec Baldwin was co-hosting, and I always thought that's who it was. But I thought he was saying "Damn good *actors* ", not "actress".

And whatever it was, I don't miss it a bit, since it was being repeated to a level of Chinese water torture, even more than some of those mini-bios they now run many times a day. It was getting to be as maddening as those GEICO commercials that run a dozen times in a row during a ballgame.

It is indeed Sydney, who I had the pleasure of working for in the early 90's, and he is referring to his longtime friend, Joan Crawford. The audio that was used was excerpted from a video piece he did about Joan for TCM.

It didn't bother me, nor had I noticed that it was gone. I do miss the intro to movies and their lineup, the new one irritates me.

TCM in general seems to be in a weird kick lately, it's like they think everyone is into studying this stuff professionally or something. I just like to watch old movies, enough with the pretentiousness!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings