Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The gremlins are at it again.

slaytonf

LOL! And I'm surprised more of us haven't been making that comparison.

So far, you're the second one I've seen. WHoops! there goes hamradio..

make that three so far.

There has been some good progress this past week. Some of the old features have started to show up again. Still, not much happening with the reply-to-poster and Post Message area. All the widgets are still in storage.

I think they must have hired the same firm that designed the Obamacare website to do the upgrade.

My first thought was that it's getting more like yahoo mail, which now sends pop-ups about every 30 seconds when you're composing a letter, demanding to know whether you still want to stay on the page or not.

*My first thought was that it's getting more like yahoo mail, which now sends pop-ups about every 30 seconds when you're composing a letter, demanding to know whether you still want to stay on the page or not.*

Is that what is going on? I use AdBlockPlus, so I don't see any pop-ups, but the page does shift at regular intervals while I'm composing. It's quite annoying.

I really don't care for their upgrade - it loses parts of the exchanges that I'm having with someone. It will indicate that I've gotten an additional response, but it won't display no matter how many times I click. They've adopted G-Mail's format but it's not executed as well.

Plus there has been a ten-fold increase in my spam folder since they changed the format.

*Ummm... I thought we're not supposed to get into politics on here? Has that rule gone away?*

I'm not discussing politics, I'm discussing a web site designer. Besides, even Obama himself has admitted that the web site needs some improvement.

I made no comment about Obamacare itself.

>We are discussing website design NOT politics which leads me to wonder about the over sensitivity. Even when everything is said and done, that ladies face is forever etched into our minds. She has become the poster child for bad web designs.

So perhaps you are suggesting "emergency room" care only for this particular website?

This is weird, but when I click on the shadowy lefthand side of the topics list, I see threads from 50 years in the future. Seems the number one complaint is that TCM keeps showing the same old movies from te 2040's all the time.

Weird, huh?

Brian

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings