Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Voting For Movies to DVD?

ThalbergFan

I've been away from some time, and am wondering whatever happened to the features where one could vote for a film to be released to DVD, or request its showing. There is a 1934 Warner Bros. 'womens' movie' called "Desirable", starring George Brent, Verree Teasdale and Jean Muir, that I believe was last shown on Brent's birthday back in March of 2009... I voted for it ( along with about 4 others) and have been looking for this movie to be shown again. It's pure soap and a bit creaky, but is a well-acted and scripted story of a narcissistic actress who hides her 19 yr. old daughter from the world so her fans won't guess her real age. The venomous mom is perfectly played by Teasdale, and George Brent is charming and funny as one of the actress's wooers who discovers, befriends and convinces the girl she must start living for herself.

Has this feature been gone for long? And is there still any way to request a specific film be shown? Thanks!

>And is there still any way to request a specific film be shown?

Welcome back, Thalbergfan,

Yes, the *Suggest a Movie* site is still here. If you look at the banner at the top of the page, (Watch TCM, Schedule, etc), you should see Community listed (between Month Highlights and TCMDb).

If you hover over the word Community, a pull-down menu appears and you can click on *Suggest a Movie* and go to the site to make your suggestions!