Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make Mine Mink early Saturday morning!!!!!!

Swithin

One of the funniest -- and sweetest -- movies ever made will be on TCM this Saturday morning at 6:30am. *Make Mine Mink* is about the bored band of middle aged/elderly people in London who decide to steal and sell furs, giving the proceeds to charity. The brilliant cast includes the great Hattie Jacques, famous as Matron in the Carry On films; the equally great stage actress Athene Seyler; and a cast which also includes Terry Thomas, Elspeth Duxbury, Kenneth Williams, and Billie Whitelaw. The film is based on the play that later became the musical 70, Girls, 70.

It's been six or seven years ago that Bob had this one on as one of his "Bob's Picks". He had a very good and insightful intro for it and I thought at the time it was really a find. I don't know if there was ever a DVD release of it, but if there had been, Bob seemed knowledgeable enough that he could had done a great commentary for it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this one again.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings