Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE INNOCENTS DVD ANNOUNCED

On September 6 FOX is due to release THE INNOCENTS (1961)which stars Deborah Kerr in one of her best performances. This is a genuinely spooky ghost story and a must have. Also set for release on that date is DRESSED TO KILL (1941) with Lloyd Nolan as Michael Shayne and the 1962 remake of THE CABINET OF CALIGARI with Dan O'Herlihy and Glynis Johns.

That is one of those movies which I keep looking for on dvd. In fact, I did not see the Nicole Kidman film, "The Others" till recently and all through the film I kept thinking about the Henry James' novel, "The Turn of the Screw" and the film version, which was excellent.

Not many stories can balance so well on two opposing theories which are equally plausible.

I have never seen the remake of TCODC either, so shall look for that.

Merci beaucoup!

Also, due September 6 from FOX is the 1955 film A MAN CALLED PETER which stars Jean Peters and Richard Todd. This has always been a favorite film of mine and it will be nice to see it again in its widescreen format. Alfred Newman composed a very moving score for this film.

I didn't realize the cabinet of dr calgari was remade I' ve watched Robert Weine's silent version several times. Tell me does the remake have the surreal visual effect as the original. This remake will make my summer.

I haven't seen it since it first came out, but if memory serves me about the only thing it had in common with the silent one was the title. I really can't remember much of the plot except it was about a young woman who's car breaks down and finds herself held prisoner in an estate with some very strange people there. I do remember that I didn't like it.

Thanks so much for the info edgdrv!

The Innocents is most definitely one of my favorite movies! I am so excited! The first time I saw this movie, it really did frighten me a bit. I thought it was staged so well. Even though I've seen it so many times, I still have been waiting for it to come out on DVD for a while now. Thank you so much for the notice!

markfp2, you must have your movies mixed up. Sounds like you are thinking about the comedy/drama THE OLD DARK HOUSE. THE INNOCENTS is a story based upon Henry James' Turn of the Screw with Deborah Kerr as a governess encountering eerie ghosts.