Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now that we know...

slaytonf

Now that we know almost more than anybody would reasonably want to about the disposition of the Maltese Falcon statuette(s), a subject I openly mused on a while ago (http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=161268&tstart=1000), my attention, now not presently preoccupied, was drawn to a new focus watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'm not talking about the car, or cars, whose history is well known. The things that now fascinate me are the delightful Rube-Goldbergesque inventions created for the movie. I especially like the proto-television seen in Potts' barn-laboratory, and the breakfast-making machine.

>The things that now fascinate me are the delightful Rube-Goldbergesque inventions created for the movie. I especially like the proto-television seen in Potts' barn-laboratory, and the breakfast-making machine.

WHOA now, stayton! Before you even CONSIDER bidding on those "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" props at next year's auction, wouldn't it be a whole lot cheaper to just settle for a nice mint-condition "Mouse Trap" game INSTEAD?

I'll bet you can find THOSE on eBay REAL easily and for a relative song, ya know!

(...though of course there MIGHT be a slight premium for 'em IF it was ever proven it was owned by either Dick Van Dyke OR Sally Ann Howes!) ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings