Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When, when, WHEN

Is TCM going to be done with this "Story of Film" crap? It sucks! Who the heck wants to sit and listen to some pretentious Irish fop lisping his way through a 7489374892372394723890472389723890 "documentary".....BTW if he wants to narrate a "documentary", he should get some of his "facts" straight. He shows the scene in "GWTW" with Scarlett and her father and calls them "lovers".....and that's just for starters. Hey, I'm not a film student, I'm just a middle-aged woman that likes old movies! Show the old movies and get rid of this boring $hit!

TCM shows about 350 "old movies" a month. I'm not a fan of The World of Film series, either, but compared to the endless screenings of Esther Williams/Shirley Temple and Rooney/Hope/Crosby/Presley, its annoyance factor is a blip on the radar screen. At least it's only being shown once, and it's also brought along with it a couple of dozen great films that otherwise never would have been shown- - - -but then you probably don't like those, either.

LOL. I think maybe it has a week to go. I cant wait till it's over, so I know how you feel. I watched part of episode one. All I could take. I hope he never returns. Have nothing against the films shown, just don't want to listen to or see him again........BYE!

There is a LOT to tell which can't be done in only a few hours. There is even more behind the technology. One needs to get the 3 disc set of "The Jazz Singer" (1927). Even if you don't like the movie, the 2nd DVD is a technological bonanza regarding sound.

aljolsonjazzsinger02.jpg

At least that's only a month. This one went on 3 months......

The Story of Film has consisted of exactly 24 hours of programming, if you count repeats. That's the equivalent of one *DAY* of Oscar month, which is almost nothing *BUT* repeats. I don't know about you, but for me it's a lot easier to avoid 24 hours than it is to avoid 31 days.

True. If it weren't for board chatter, I'm not even aware its on most of the time....

Is he introducing the films with RO? I haven't watched.......

Edited by: Hibi on Nov 27, 2013 4:25 PM

>Is TCM going to be done with this "Story of Film" crap? It sucks! Who the heck wants to sit and listen to some pretentious Irish fop lisping his way.

I'm rather partial to this so called pretentious Irish fop lisping his way in to our hearts and minds. I don't mind lisps a tall. Now take Humphrey Bogart, for example. I think his lips I mean his lisp disarmed potential crooks from absconding with the goods. I think that was the reason why Eddie Mazz was slow to the trigger when he met his demise in The Big Sleep. He was too busy listening to his lips, err his lisp that he couldn't react in time. Do you think the lisp made the difference?

Did I ever tell ya that Cindy Brady was my favorite Brady Bunch brat?

I think it was because of the lisp. Yeah, the lisp was unique, even did an episode on her lisp on the Brady Bunch. So endearing and disarming. Just like Mark Cousins. So endearing and disarming.

LMFAO

The feature of this board: "Online Users: xxx guest(s), x user(s)." has long been disabled. I must wonder that as it is useless if it could be replaced with a feature: "Online Sockpuppets: xx poster(s) posing as xxxx members".

Watch that ONLINE GUESTS number. It always hovers between 450 and about 530. Always. It has for the past 6 years. Such a thing in real life is impossible. No message board can always have the same numbers of viewers ranging from 450 to about 530. Some days and nights the numbers should drop down to below 100, and other days it should go up to well over 600-800. But to remain a constant 450 to 530 is impossible.

As I recall, we had this problem in The Big One (yes, Crimean). There were hoards of them - hoards! Paper chads caught up in the tickers.. We could not discern the threat that was upon us. HOARDS!!

Here.. the Russian canons. And here.. (dip) the Thin Red Line. And here was I, on my..

>The feature of this board: "Online Users: xxx guest(s), x user(s)." has long been disabled. I must wonder that as it is useless if it could be replaced with a feature: "Online Sockpuppets: xx poster(s) posing as xxxx members".

This reminds me of the play Nobody Knows I'm a Dog, which revolves around six different individuals unable to effectively communicate with people in their lives who find the courage to socialize on the Internet, protected by their anonymity.