Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO?

Guest Kfend

Was watching the World of Henry Orient the other night and wonder what became of Tippy Walker after about 1974 (she made a couple movies in the early 70s---The Jesus Trip and Jennifer on My Mind---and was on Peyton Place briefly)? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Cournand, Emery

Who was Victor Mature? Why is it almost impossible to get any biographical information on this very good classic actor of The Robe' and many other films. Except for this movie, which is shown around Easter, why are his other films hardly ever shown? Was he blacklisted for some reason? In my humble opinion he has been the most underrated actor in the history of Hollywood!

Victor Mature was in films for six decades and although he didn't take his career seriously he made some classics. He once said "I'm no actor and I've got 64 pictures to prove it". Among his memorable films are John Ford's "My Darling Clementine" (1946), "Kiss of Death" (1947), "Cry of the City" (1948) and of course "Samson and Delilah" (1949) among other Biblical epics. Some of these films are shown on AMC. He was never blacklisted. He preferred playing golf to making motion pictures and also kept busy with the ladies considering he was married 5 times. Contrary to what he thought about acting he will go down in movie history as the hunk who made some pretty good pictures. Victor Mature died on August 4th 1999 at age 86 of leukemia.

Guest Dusing, C.

Martin Scorsese made several programs about how movies were made and the meaning behind them. I have only seen one of them (about gangsters and musicals) when or will the other ones be shown? I hope ththat they a appear on the schudle

Guest Lewis, Mervyn

I want to know when these movies will be shown or if they were shown already. Street Of Chance Plainsme No Orchards For Miss Blandish Razors Edge Escape In The Desert Dust Be My Destiny How Green Was My Valley Les Miserables with Charles Laught Spawn Of The North If they are going to be shown, could you send me the dates and times.

Your best bet would be to check the monthly TV schedules on both TCM and AMC for up-coming films. "How Green Was My Valley" and "The Razors Edge" are usually shown on AMC while TCM has shown "Dust Be My Destiny" and "Les Miserables" in the past. I havn't seen the other films in years which are probably buried in the vaults.

The films "Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!" (1948) and "Steamboat 'Round the Bend" (1935) are not currently available on video. However you can check the monthly schedules on TCM and AMC for possible future showings.

TCM editing.. is a bit too conservative. Movies from the 60's and 70's are cut for just a small nude scene. I recently saw Cinderalla Liberty and a scene with Marsh Mason was edited or obscured on the screen. You would think TCM would let these thing go. Mostly adults watch these films. I know my kids are not interested.

Guest Carey, Liza

I have long wondered as to the whereabouts of the consummate movie-machine starlet (I.M.H.O.) whose moniker was Phyllis Brooks (no accounting for spelling.... sorry). I remember "discovering" her in one of the Shirley Temple films, and thinking that she had it all, and should have become a super nova, instead of what appeared to be a little twinkle. She was a sparkling performer and had a dazzling song voice, but just seemed to flicker and fade after the thirties. Also, that model of man-ifested marvel, Gene Raymond, was the male equivalent of Ms. Brooks in performance pizazz. He must have shown more promise in Hollywoodland, as his career flourished for a time. These would have been my two picks for best bets, had I been a talent gambler in the gilded age of the silver screen........but, who can ever know where the winds of change will blow, so.....

Guest Cox, Lawanda

I am interested in an actor that played officers in many war movies. His name is Carleton Young. It seems very hard to find photos and biographies on this classic actor. He played in "The Horse Soldiers" and he was a Confederate officer. The major star was John Wayne and William Holden. Can anyone tell me where I might get more information on this actor?

In doing some research on Carleton Young I found that there were two actors with the exact same name CARLETON YOUNG. In the book Who's Who in Hollywood the Carleton Young from the movie "The Horse Soldiers" states that he appeared mostly in westerns and John Ford epics. And the other Carleton Young was a top radio star and appeared in a handful of films. He died in 1971 at age 64 of cancer. When I checked IMDb (Internet Movie Data Base) they have only one Carleton Young listed with the same date of death however they combined all the movie and TV credits from both Mr. Youngs into one listing. This is very confusing and appears to be a mystery. I will do further research to try and figure this out.

The film "My Blue Heaven" (1950) with Betty Grable and Dailey is not available on video. Since AMC airs 20th Century-Fox films you can check their monthly schedule. So does Cinemax on occasion.

Guest edwardarnoldfan

Does ANYONE out there know when or if the movie Diamond Jim, starring Edward Arnold, will EVER get on the air, cable, satellite, etc.? Same goes for The High and The Mighty.

Guest son, jery

"Diamond Jim" is one of my all-time favorite classics that I haven't seen for nearly 20 years. When i did catch it one wintry night, I remember how I and my parents and sisters all cried our eyes out at the end. Edward Arnold forever became a legend from that one role alone.

There is no doubt that actor Edward Arnold was a teddy bear and who could forget that boisterous laugh of his. He was adept at paying comedy and drama. I especially enjoyed his performances in "Come and Get It" with the lovely Frances Farmer and "Lillian Russell" as Diamond Jim again with adorable Alice Faye. Let's continue to keep this man's name alive and hopefully help get a new generation to appreciate his many talents.

Guest Lorusso, Ed

I think TCM should either show the whole damned movie or not show it at all. Prissy editing policy allows "damn" but not "god damn." Give me a break. If the old biddies are offended by this sort of raw language, let them watch something else. There's much worse stuff now of regular netword TV. Hands off, TCM!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Graham, Gayle

Help! Does anyone recall a 60's horror called "The Gray Ghost"? I was a small girl when I saw the trailer for this movie at a drive-in theater. I recall a scene where a family in a kitchen witnessed a bottle of milk rise and fall. The announcer says, "The GRAAAAAY Ghost"!This movie could have appeared around the time of "Fanny Hill" and "The Thrill of it All" with James Garner. HELP!