Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO?

Guest Kfend

• 3 weeks later...
Guest n, sandra

What does everyone think of computer colored black and white movies? I am a purist and absolutely hate them. It's fake and not true to style. I seem to be in the minority as far as my friends are concerned! Imagine colour enhanced noir movies! Outrageous!

Go back to the main menu of the film forums and click on "Hot Topics". There you will find a whole discussion on the topic of colorization.

Guest JonBradbury

Patrica, You are correct. This film is involved in some sort of litigation, similar to the Marx Brothers' "Animal Crackers" which was not shown for approx 30 years until after the death of Grouch. It's a shame, because that is another fine example of John Wane's very underrated acting ability (even he said he was a reactor, not an actor). Hope they will get this cleared up soon.

Guest JonBradbury

jeryson, You are probably correct about Ethel Merman in her singing roles in the movies. She was trained for the stage and could probably blow out most of the microphones (especially the early models) that the movies used. However, if you want to see Ethel in her best screen role (minus the singing) look at Stanley Kramer's "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" where she plays the ultimate nagging mother-in-law to Milton Berle. She is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johnson, Andy

What happened to "Susan Peters"? I saw an old MGM promo on up and coming stars where she was featured as a real sensation and to look foward to her becoming a real star at MGM. I didn't remember the name so I looked her up in the World Almanac and discoverd that she passed away in 1951 at the age of 31. Was there anything strange envolved in her death? She was so young.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest M, Dot

Does anyone know what happened to actress Rochelle Hudson? She was in the Shirley Temple movie where she plays Shirley's older sister and they were orphans. Some rich older man adopts them, then falls in love with Rochelle's character.

Guest Dentata, Gina

According to IMDB, she died of pneumonia, chronic kidney problems, and starvation (maybe anorexia?) She had been paralyzed in a hunting accident a few years earlier.

Guest Dentata, Gina
IMDB sez:

Hudson returned to picture work in 1947, but appeared only sporadically on-screen thereafter, owing to domestic strife and nagging health problems.

It also says she died of pneumonia brought on by "a liver ailment." Sometimes that's a euphemism for "drank herself to death."

• 1 month later...
Guest Buller, Richard

Does anyone have any information on Lois Moran? She was a star in films from 1925 to 1931. I'm particularly interested in finding out which of her films still exist. Does anyone have "Feu Mathias Pascal" on video?

Guest Blum, Richard

Does anyone know what career paths each of the surfers, like Del Canon etc., shown in Bruce Brown's surfing films took and where they are today? Are any of them famous for some great feat? What say you?

Guest Sturm, Kayla

Andy- Susan Peters played Ronald Colman's step neice who is madly in love with him in Random Harvest. She was indeed quite talented. --Kayla www.KathrynGraysonFan.com

Guest o, rita

Andy, my mother remembered her; she said she was married to Richard Long when she died. Remeber him from the Big Valley. He was also a child actor. He played Claudette Colbert's son in the movie that debuted Natalie Wood as a child actress and also starred Orson Welles as Claudette's long lost husband she thought had died during World War I and then he returns at the outbreak of WWII in Europe. The films was "something Tomorrow".

Guest jeanecooper

Mom was close. but not enough for a cigar or a chocolate bar. It was Suzan Ball that was married to Richard Long for a very short time prior to her death. For more trivia - yes, she was related to Lucille Ball.

Jim, I just posted a note to you on another thread regarding this movie. The musical "We'll Meet Again" (1942) is not available on VHS or DVD. Perhaps someone can offer it to you on ebay.

Guest finnie12, moira

Does anyone know anything about Andrea Leeds (1914-1984)? Apparently she stopped working in movies as of 1940. She was very haunting as the out of work actress in "Stage Door".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Morgan, S.

I noticed that you know a great deal about Victor Mature...I was wondering if you could possibly tell me if One Million B.C. was made for sell, and how I could possibly obtain a copy. Please respond to address. Thank you, Dancey36

The movie "One Million B.C." (1940) was made at the Hal Roach studios which produced the Our Gang comedies and surprisingly it's not currently available on VHS or DVD. When the dinosaur craze erupted ever since "Jurassic Park" it would have been a smart move to bring the film out of moth balls and cash in. It used to play on TV years ago however I'm not certain if the copyright ran out. I'll keep tabs on this and let you know any new developments.

• 2 weeks later...

The auburn-haired beauty left the screen in 1940 to marry Robert Stewart Howard, a Palm Springs millionaire whose family owned the famous racehorse Seabiscuit. Her intent was always to quit acting, marry and raise a family. She had two children a son Robert Jr. and a daughter Leeann. A profoundly religious woman she accepted life's bounties with gratitude and its severest blows with grace. Her one marriage ended with the death of her husband in 1962 and her daughter, a young beauty died of cancer in 1971. She once said "So I have had a share in unhappiness, but I have also been blessed in many ways". Miss Leeds was quite a woman as well as a fine actress.