Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The word Classic

johnbabe

Pardon, my french, but does not the word classic identify something or someone who has endured the test of time? yes, there are some great films and stars of more modern times, but to be called classic they must endure the time test of longevity and love by the public, so when Turner named the movie channel, it is called Turner Classic Movies - remember the middle name and show us films that fit that description and deserve the respect that goes along with the word, keep showing us Garbo, Davis, Crawford, Bogart, Taylor - etc...you get the general idea???????

TCM should only be showing silent movies by your definition. I will take the great variety being shown by TCM. I pick and choose movies to watch just like I pick and choose novels to read. Way too many whiners about TCM. Pick and choose.......................................................

The second longest running topic/debate on these boards since they debuted back in 2002.

The longest running topic/debate, of course, is "TCM is changing".

That debate began within the first 60 days of the message board debut.

There never, ever is a winner in either debate or a clear majority.

And still,l the topic/debates go on.

And through it all, TCM continues to show movies from the 1920s on forward, just as they have always done.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings