Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hudsucker Proxy is not such a bad movie--

slaytonf

I liked this early Cohen Brothers film, they seemed like they were trying hard to make a "nice" movie, like the old classics. I couldn't wait to see what they'd do once they had more experience and better stories.

Unfortunately their films just got bloodier & more foul.

>TikiSoo wrote: Unfortunately their films just got bloodier & more foul.

The Coens haven't been THAT bad during the past two decades. Remember, they also did witty and satirical films such as "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Burn After Reading."

Their next film. "Inside Llewyn Davis," opens Friday, December 6th . The fictional story of a 1960s folk singer won the Grand Prize at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival in May. On Monday, December 2nd, the Gotham Independent Film Awards named it the year's Best Feature. On Tuesday, December 3rd, the New York Film Critics Circle cited it for its cinematography by Bruno Delbonnel. On Wednesday, December 3rd, the National Board of Review awarded the Coens' original screenplay for the new movie.

Sounds like it's going to be another strong Oscar contender for the creative siblings.

Edited by: jakeem on Dec 5, 2013 11:55 AM

I find them overrated. Some films of theirs I really like. Others didnt like at all. They are loved by the Academy (at least lately) so it may get some nominations. Dont know much about the film to say I'm interested in seeing it or not...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings