Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dead of Night (1945)

Kid Dabb

On the TCM schedule listing this film has a four-star rating, and I can see why. This was on today at 12:00 P.M. and I was able to watch about 15 minutes of it and was captivated by the atmosphere and overall quality of cast, set and dialog. I can watch films like this all day long.

I see this is not scheduled to show again anytime soon so I'll have to wait to see the full film. Hopefully it will be on during daylight hours.. in the next 10 years or so.. :P

P.S. *Forbidden Planet (1956)* has been showing frequently all year and now...

*Forbidden Planet (1956)* will show

December 06, 2013 @ 6:00 PM (EST)

December 14, 2013 @ 6:45 AM (EST)

December 29, 2013 @ 6:00 PM (EST)

January 10, 2014 @ 1:15 AM (EST)

if anyone is interested..

>Kid_Dabb:

>Forbidden Planet (1956) will show

December 06, 2013 @ 6:00 PM (EST)

December 14, 2013 @ 6:45 AM (EST)

December 29, 2013 @ 6:00 PM (EST)

January 10, 2014 @ 1:15 AM (EST)

Is that all? Gosh, that doesn't seem to be nearly enough. I've only seen it, oh I don't know, seven, eight times now. Well, I can console myself with Casablanca, and The Women which--hey!--are showing again tonight!

• 1 month later...

After watching a treatment of Forbidden Planet on Science Fiction Threatre 3000 (or whatever it was called), I can never watch the movie again. As you know, SFT 3000 took a movie and dubbed in their own dialogue that was often hilarious (and this one was). I can't take that movie seriously again. Maybe TCM saw that and they're trying to rehabilitate the movie with all these showings ;) .

You would rather watch a repeat than for TCM to show a studio era movie they have never shown before? If yes, I just find that odd.

I don't mind repeats that much since I have a lot of other things to do, but if I have seen a film multiple times, I find myself only watching key scenes (e.g. MOVIES had Mr Deeds on twice, with only one movie in between, I watched the trail scene twice because I just love it).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe the complain related to repeats is one we all feel is legit (e.g. even people that don't want TCM to show post 1969 movies...

i confess that i am one of these souls.

in addition, all pre-1969 flicks must be filmed in black and white.     :lol:

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings