Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't remember the name of this movie...

KittyCatVanHeemstra

So I only remember bits and pieces of this movie.

Here goes...

Its about two sisters, and an anonymous person buys a nightclub for one of the sisters. Throughout the movie the other sister and another companion try to figure out who this anonymous man is, all while running the nightclub that has turned out to be a huge success. (I remember a scene with a bunch of show girls dancing with all kinds of military men, soldiers...marines... and something about a big pile of donuts) Eventually the sister finds out the name of the man and goes to his house. The sister is shocked to find the man by that name is an elderly man, and when the sister tells the man that he should be ashamed of himself for pursuing a woman so young he figures she has him confused for his son who also goes by that name. And when the sister confronts the son (who is a middle aged man) the man says he doesn't know anything about it and then realizes that she has him confused for HIS son (So-and-So the third). And when she finally meets him she realizes that she already knew him but only knew him by a nickname and she was sweet on him too. Then in another scene she fantasizes about him being with her instead of her sister.

I guess I remembered more than I thought but it'd be nice to put a title to the movie! Please can anyone figure this out?? I'm trying to incorporate this movie into one of my essays for college....

Forgot to add that it was a 30/40s movie. Edited by: KittyCatVanHeemstra on Dec 11, 2013 3:20 AM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings