Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something funny's going on...

BartonKeyes

First, Eleanor Parker dies a few days after NBC's live broadcast of The Sound of Music. Audrey Totter died a few days ago and, by complete coincidence (or is it?) one of her best lead roles in Lady in the Lake is being broadcast next Sunday evening. Yesterday, Peter O'Toole dies and less than a day after that we learn of Joan Fontaine's death.

While it could be that these four actors, each of whom played important parts in the history of cinema, each died of natural causes and old age, the mystery writer in me begs to differ.

So here's the deal: I will personally offer $100 to anyone who can prove conclusively that the deaths of Eleanor Parker, Audrey Totter, Peter O'Toole, and Joan Fontaine are completely unrelated.

...Just kidding. Seriously though, the stars have been dropping like flies lately.

>So here's the deal: I will personally offer $100 to anyone who can prove conclusively that the deaths of Eleanor Parker, Audrey Totter, Peter O'Toole, and Joan Fontaine are completely unrelated.

Reme, I thought you would like to know.... two guys in black suits just came to my front door, and they wanted me to give them your home address. They also wanted to know how much you "know" about this and "where did you get the information".

Well, I told them I think you live in a cave just outside Butte, Montana, but other than that, I don't know anything else about you. They thanked me for the information and went and got into their black helicopter and flew off, toward Montana, I guess. :)

Got me thinking what Dr Soran (Malcolm McDowell) said in "Star Trek Generations"....

Death...iIt's like a predator; it's stalking you. Oh,you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies but in the end, time is going to hunt you down... and make the kill.

Well if you.start with Paul Walker, and also count Rosanna Podesta, that makes six, two.sets of three, so hopefully, that'll be the end of this for awhile. As for the conspiracy theory, its called old age....aside from Walker, the average age of the other five must be around 90.

This must be driving the TMC staff crazy...first, all those Not a part of their year end tribute to those departed, but preempting programming to accomodate tributes. Maybe they could set aside a couple of days or so in February, and schedule movies each were in that got oscar nominations, whether for their performances, or some other aspect.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings