Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A new thread on an old theme

musikone

The C in TCM used to stand for "classic." *It no longer does.* Rather, TCM is a brand name that is now used to identify movies having a collection of prescribed characteristics that many people find to be highly desirable, such as being uncut without product commercials, etc. *Not* included in this collection is any guarantee of the age of the movie -- or series or short subject or whatever it may be.

Hence it serves no purpose, other than to argue for the sake of arguing, for fans on this message board to continue to decry the nature of this eclectic collection, with which they wholeheartedly disagree. I, for one, am delighted to see TCM branching out into new and unknown territory. No one is forcing me to watch anything that is shown on television. I can drop this TV channel if ever and whenever it no longer suits me to continue paying for it, which costs me a lot.

I record these movies as they come along, and I have a record of everything that I have ever recorded, which can be checked quickly to determine which upcoming movies are repeats. And this is a whole lot of them, to be sure. However, after finding such a repeat already in my collection, I simply pass over it during my continuing recording. Simple.

May this endless bickering finally cease.

musikone

Did you read the post? I don't view it as a standard complaint thread. Instead the post raises two issues: Has TCM's programming really taken a turn? OR (for example): Was The Story of Film series just unique and more of a flux one shouldn't assume this type of programming will become standard TCM programming.

Ok, the post takes the position that TCM programming has changed. (Me, I'm in the wait and see camp).

But the poster states they like the change in direction. The standard complaint thread's main beef is that TCM's programming is changing for the worst.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings