Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What film or scene never fails to choke you up and why?

Hi, this is my first time posting here and this topic is one that I could not resist replying to.  The one scene that always chokes me up is in "It's a Wonderful Life" when George Bailey weeps and says he wants to live again.  He's on the bridge and it starts to snow and he's crying and man oh man, does that scene get to me every single time!  I have been such a huge Jimmy Stewart fan for most of my life.  I even named my German Shepherd "Bailey" and I was pen pals with Mr. Stewart for many years.  He was a wonderful man and I'm tearing up now as I type this.  It's such a touching moment for me.   When he realizes how truly wonderful his life really is...it's a moment that takes my breath away no matter how many times I see it.

The scene near the end of SHOP AROUND THE CORNER (1940) where Mr. Matuschek (FRANK MORGAN) is fishing for one of his employees to spend Christmas Eve with and finally finds that Rudy (CHARLES SMITH) will be alone and is overjoyed to take Rudy to dinner at "Biro's"... chokes me up with MORGAN's wonderful emoting and Rudy's delight.   I don't really love the machinations at the center of the film (the love story) but damn, that Mr. Matuschek hooks me into watching that one every time I see it broadcast. 

82937110_132610030763.jpg

• 6 months later...

Some of the scenes that get me every time:

1. The final scene in "Imitation of Life" when Susan Kohner throws herself on her mother's coffin and says "I'm sorry! I never meant to hurt you" and then when Lana Turner comforts her she say, "Miss Laura, I killed my mother". (I'm actually tearing up as I type this!)

2. The scene in the "Magnificent 7" when the 3 little boys put flowers on Charles Bronson's grave

3. The scenes in The Best Years of Our Lives": Harold Russell's and Fredrick March's homecoming scenes

4. The scene in "Affair to Remember" when Cary Grant realizes that Deborah Kerr can't walk

There are a too many more to list here because I can cry at the drop of a hat. Dramas, comedies, romantic movies, westerns, musicals, anything. I get very emotional very easily!

• 2 weeks later...

I joke with my buddy that there's two types of people in the world- those who cry at Old Yellar and my friend Scott who is apparently dead inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I Ask(ed) this Before w/Ah Nother Thread, And. I Ask it Here..

.. ... .Yes.. ... im Being Obliquely Funny .. but im Not Being Rude Ah Bout this AtAll..

.. ...

With (All) THAT, Said..

..Namely..... .. How Patient Are You ?.

lol