Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eleanor Parker Rememberance Today

StBartsActor

I just remembered today TCM is showing some of her films. So I turn off the dismal news of traffic delays, snow, impending snow, and put on TCM and what do I see? Eleanor Parker, in Of Human Bondage, tearing up Paul Henreid both verbally and physically. Then totally destroying the place, all the while with a small smirk of satisfaction on her face. Very well done Ms. Parker.

Edited by: StBartsActor on Dec 17, 2013 11:54 AM

My lips are sealed Sepiatone. But there is a very, very mini "spoiler alert" on, of all things, "Should Remberances be in January" so beware. Let us know what you think of Caged.

I was in and out all day and caught parts of all the films..... it was nice for me, a real fan.

At the end of the day - - - - (didn't see them all today fully, but bits and pieces of all except the first one).

The Very Thought of You - - did not see it this morning, but my favorite of Eleanor Parker's early films. If you have not seen this one, you have to watch it for early Parker.

Of Human Bondage - Great Parker, everything else not so good, including the usually always dependable Paul Henreid, who was just not right for this one.

The Woman In White - not my favorite film. But I think Parker may be giving one of the best performances of her career. She so perfectly delinates the two characters. It's like you know you are seeing the same actress, but you aren't.

Caged - What else can I say?

Scaramouche - the greatest beauty and fun.

Interrupted Melody - Love it, melodramatic, yeah, but she stays in character as the "Diva" and never lets it go. I didn't always get this performance, but think I may have really gotten it this time after so many viewings. Do you know that the actress who could not "hit" the note early in the film with the music teacher was really Eileen Farrell?

Home From The Hill - clocking in at just under 3 hours, this was just sooooo long. But I like her, Mitchum, Peppard and Hamilton was never better.

Were there others I would have liked TCM to have shown? Sure, but I"m satisfied that they gave the lady a nice send off.

Edited by: StBartsActor on Dec 18, 2013 12:22 AM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings