Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Girl 27

diana.g1990

I just finished watching a documentary I found on Netflix called Girl 27. The documentary is written and produced by the talented David Stenn, who also wrote the following biographies: "Bombshell: The Life and Death of Jean Harlow" and one of my personal favourite biographies "Clara Bow: Runnin' Wild". He has also written and produced episodes of Boardwalk Empire.

Girl 27 is a documentary investigating a rape case involving MGM studio executives and an underage dancer. The rape victim, Patricia Douglas, comes out of hiding to discuss in detail the 1937 MGM scandal, which began when MGM studio executives tricked her and over 100 other girls into attending a stag party, where she was brutally raped.

The film is very compelling and heartfelt as it sheds light on a scandal MGM executives tried desperately to cover, revealing a story of injustice.

I write this post to encourage people to watch this documentary and also to find out what their thoughts were.

Also, does anyone else know of any other documentaries that discuss similar Hollywood scandals studios tried to cover up?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings