Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MARGIE (1946) - Christmas movie?

BingFan

Can one of the many fans of MARGIE (1946) tell me if it has Christmas content?

I recall that when TCM finally showed it a couple of years ago near the holidays, a lot of folks chimed in that they really liked the movie. I recorded it, but because I haven't watched it yet, I don't know if the Christmas-time scheduling meant that MARGIE included Christmas content.

In my house, we're only watching Christmas movies right now because we have so many favorites we want to see before the holiday. If MARGIE does include Christmas content, we'll likely want to watch it during the next week. If it doesn't have Christmas content, we'll save it for New Year's week. Thanks in advance for your help with this pressing question.

By the way, I'd highly recommend another teen-themed comedy from the same era, JUNIOR MISS, starring Peggy Ann Garner from A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN in the title role. JUNIOR MISS is definitely set at Christmas-time, so it's appropriate for this time of year. More importantly, it's just very funny -- any time of year!

I haven't seen it, either. But I'm just chiminmg in to say there are probably a lot of movies that may have SOME Christmas content, or that take place at Christmas time that aren't neccessarily "Christmas" movies. New and old. One I can think of is a comedy called "Trapped In Paradise".

Sepiatone

No, MARGIE isn't a Xmas movie per se (if i remember correctly, RO stated as.much when it premiered on TCM a couple of years ago). It does have two requisites for successful holday movies, it is charming and heartwarming.

The story is a grown Margie reminiscing nostalgically about her high school days during the 1920s. It makes for a pleasant two hours, whenever you watch it.

Thanks very much for the replies, Arturo and Sepiatone. While we probably won't watch MARGIE between now (12/19) and Christmas simply because we have several definite Christmas movies still to watch at my house, we'll watch it very soon. It sounds like a fine movie!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings