Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Remembers

derevna

Thank you for adding that bit at the end where Lawrence of Arabia blows out that match. That was a touching and fond shot.

I still remember him playing Errol Flynn in My Favorite Year. He declares that "{he is a movie star." I haven't acted in years!

I spend too much time in "General Discussions" to spend even MORE time in another room.

I finally saw the "Remembers" spot last night. I've seen lots of familiar faces which now have put a name to them for me. A few I haven't heard about until now. Last night's even had Tom Laughlin added.

There was so much dissatisfaction with last year's tribute, with many omissions, that I do believe TCM listened to our complaints and included everybody they could this time. At least, I like to think so. We'll have to wait and see if the Oscars mention them all, or leave some out to make time for "Babs" to sing another song...

DID they leave anyone out?

Sepiatone

Edited by: Sepiatone on Dec 21, 2013 12:43 PM

There were many who died, but the following is a very short list of those who did have some type of film careers that were not included.

Patti Page (Mostly heard in films)

Conrad Bain (TV mostly but was in several films)

Michael Winner (Director)

Richard Briers (British actor, Shakespeare and with Branagh)

Bonnie Franklin (TV mostly but was in several films)

Richard LeParmentier (third film was Star Wars)

Jeanne Cooper (TV mostly but was in several films)

Richard C. Sarafian (Director)

Thank You Rey for mentioning these names. They should not be forgotten by film lovers. I'm not going to go down your list, they all had important careers, but as an example, Patti Page in an important film like *Elmer Gantry* I think deserved a mention.

With that said, as always, it's a beautifully done tribute

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings