Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IS IT JUST ME, OR ARE THESE FORUMS TAKING FOREVER TO LOAD FOR ANYONE ELSE?

AndyM108

Ever since early Thursday, pages on the TCM Forums have made me feel we're back in the dial-up days of the 90's. It's been taking me FOREVER to get from one page to the other, and sometimes the only way I can advance to the next page is to back up and then go forward.

Ordinarily I'd blame my computer or my browser, but it's like this on both Chrome and Firefox, and the problem is only on TCM. Every other site I visit is loading in normal times.

I think they're still in the process of reassembling the message boards - in the last phases of the makeover. As I'm typing this, I see the posting window has some of the old editing features that have gone missing since the makeover: emoticons, Rich, Plain, Preview.. etc.

(I just flipped back to it and they're all gone again )

I do get a lot of WHITEpages that never seem to load, but clicking the X to stop it usually brings it up - sometimes not fully loaded.. and "Return to thread" after posting has almost never worked for me.

No problem here either.

Occasionally when I click on a thread it will either lock up or slow down, BUT, if I click on the back arrow, and go back to the previous page, then I click on the new page again, it usually loads fast the second time around.

Occasionally when I click on a thread it will either lock up or slow down, BUT, if I click on the back arrow, and go back to the previous page, then I click on the new page again, it usually loads fast the second time around.

That's about the only way I've managed to load a page for the past few days, and as this is the *only* website where it's been a problem, I have a hard time thinking it's my computer. Just to get to the point where I could respond to your post has taken me a good 2-3 minutes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings