Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Our Friends Up North

sfpcc2

Yep, while not a big deal here of course, whenever this native Californian here visits my biological mother in Kelowna BC(a joyous reunion a few years back after 55 years of life and a few years after my wonderful adoptive parents had died), I've noticed that many of my newfound "relatives" up there will pronounce this expression as "oat and a boat", and not as many of us Yanks seem to think, "oot and aboot"...which was you suggest faceinthecrowd, sounds more Scottish.

Yes finance, but they're just a little more polite than your American cop is, of course.

(...like when they're givin' out jaywalking tickets up there, they'll ALWAYS say somethin' like, "Gee, I'm sorry, but I have to give you this ticket, eh?! I hope we can still be friends!" as they hand it to ya, and which is SO unlike how the LAPD does it!) ;)

Several years ago on one of my many trips across the border to visit our neighbours to the north I had my car searched by the most polite border security people you would ever hope to meet. When they were done they even vacuumed, washed, and waxed my car and wished me a nice day :) The U.S. border guards never give you that kind of treatment.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings