Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Must recommend: "Hollywood in Kodachrome" by David Wills

EugeniaH

Book threads are usually not that popular here, but I absolutely want to give a recommendation for "Hollywood in Kodachrome" by David Wills. I just got it in the mail yesterday... The quality of these saturated photos are incredible, and it really makes the stars seem to come to life. It's almost 400 pages and covers not only the Old Hollywood megastars, but also lesser-known actors. The most well-known photographers like Hurrell and Bull are covered here, among others.

There are also multiple pages dedicated to certain stars, including Rita Hayworth, Lana Turner, Gene Tierney, Marilyn Monroe (there are rare photos of her, plus the infamous eye-popping "calendar photo"...)

I'll try to post some of the photos, but here's the link for now:

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Kodachrome-David-Wills/dp/0062265547/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387747558&sr=1-1&keywords=hollywoodinkodachrome

(Update: Actually, I don't need to post photos - if one clicks on the link they can look at pages/photos in the book itself - lots of good stuff. Yes, there are lots of glamour photos of the women, but there are great guy photos, too, including Burt Lancaster, William Holden, Clark Gable... sigh. :) )

Edited by: EugeniaH on Dec 22, 2013 1:39 PM

I bought this as a present for my sisters in Va. and it arrived last week. I opened it to sign it[ something from our childhood from our father. You always personalized a book from you to the person} and of course I looked through it. A really beautiful coffee table with outstanding pictures in it. I know they will love it. A great gift to anyone with a love of Hollywood's hay day..

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings