Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let's all thank the Administrator...

Sepiatone

...for clearing out all that Lady Ga-Ga nonsense!

HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!

HUZZAH!

Sepiatone

Agreed, though it was kind of fun while it lasted, and as long as it only lasted as long as it did.

And since it only lasted for a few hours, it wasn't nearly as annoying as those endless threads complaining about "non-classic" movies. *Those* threads are in sore need of a roving helicopter equipped with a giant electromagnet to pick them up and drop them in the Atlanta city dumpster as soon as they appear.

Yes, Fi, are you taking up spinning on the old Spinning Jenny; or is a Spinning Bike? I hope it's the former. Regarding the Lady in question, I like her, she's a great artist and seems to be a great person. But that invasion of the Board yesterday was disgusting and dishonorable to her, and I do thank our Administrator. Based on what I know about Lady Gaga, I don't think she would want to have been the tool of sabotaging a board of classic film enthusiasts!

"Spinning" is a '90s invention. 15-40 special bikes that can be adjusted to replicate outdoor competitive cycling are put in a closed-off room at the gym. At the front of the room is an instructor on a bike, and the other bikes are filled by members of the spinning class. The instructor blasts loud music and tells the class what to do----e.g., increase the tension on the bike, raise or lower the cadence, stand up, sit down, etc. , for an hour.

> "Spinning" is a '90s invention. 15-40 special bikes that can be adjusted to replicate outdoor competitive cycling are put in a closed-off room at the gym. At the front of the room is an instructor on a bike, and the other bikes are filled by members of the spinning class. The instructor blasts loud music and tells the class what to do----e.g., increase the tension on the bike, raise or lower the cadence, stand up, sit down, etc. , for an hour.

Sounds more like just "pedaling". Usually, when I go for a "spin" I wind up GOING somewhere! And now, I'm lost as to why it's called a "class". Unless you're learning the limits of your endurance.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Sepiatone

Oh now Ham! You haven't LIVED until you experienced the fantastic "sport" of Ice Fishing!!!

(...actually, I hear ya, dude...Northwest Airlines used to send this L.A. native here to their old headquarters of Minneapolis for yearly recurrent training classed every freakin' JANUARY...and every time I was there I thought to myself, "Why would ANYBODY live in this place???"...BBBRRRRRR!!!!)

Good job shutting down spam or threads gone nasty. Only wish you'd "move" threads to their appropriate category like every other message board.

I am tired of threads about a film in particular (ie REBECCA) in *General Discussions* instead of *Films & Filmmakers*

and

inquiries (ie Please ID This Film) in *General Discussions* instead of *Information, Please.*

It leaves less room for true "Gerneral Discussions" that often fall to back pages rather than gaining participation as they should.

(and finance, I had no idea you spun....I'm assuming wool, not the dancing variety)

> (and finance, I had no idea you spun....I'm assuming wool, not the dancing variety)

Turns out it's neither, Tiki. Turns out it's riding stationary bikes. And since it's a "class", it must mean he's still learning HOW to! ;)

Of course I jest. I suppose calling it "spinning" is more efficient that calling it "pedaling bicycles that go nowhere class". Anyway, I can't really knock it since the most excersize I get is shuffling to the PC every morning to make wise-azz comments on this forum. AND shoveling the ton of snow we just got the last couple of days.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings