Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BARBARA STANWYCK INTERVIEW (never aired before anywhere)

OrcoDev

Hey classic film fans!

Want to hear an interview my dad did with the iconic Barbara Stanwyck? Well here ya go!: [barbara Stanwyck|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waWZhpCuPkg&list=PLMPg4RkqBExamQ9SC8xjmojtPvoqwObEs&index=1]

And for more info on my dad and the rest of his interviews: [www.orcodevelopment.org]

I just tried to listen to this interview, and the parts I could make out were interesting, but for the first minute or two the overall sound on Barbara's end was extremely muffled and often very hard to follow. By contrast, the interviewer's voice comes off loud and clear, and I think with a little tinkering it would be more uniformly enjoyable.

Thank you, OrcoDev. It was really interesting to listen to her talk so fondly about her late sister, how much she had wanted to please her and how much she regretted her not living long enough to see her (Stanwyck's) success. I agree with the commenters on YouTube - you should post the whole interview. :)

You make a valid point Andy. There's often a balancing act when restoring old audio. If I took out some of the static, it might have sounded a little robotic, and I didn't want to lose the emotion in Ms. Stanwyck's voice. But I'm sure a professional sound person could do a much better job than me :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings