Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hallelujah Trail

wouldbestar

I watched *The Hallelujah Trail* again yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out who the narrator is. I've narrowed it down to two Western greats named John, Dehner and Anderson (who played Captain Buell). At times it sounds like both of them. Am I right? If not, who?

This is my second favorite comedy after *The Pink Panther* and I understand it was not a hit when released. What were people thinking? Just seeing the hilarious Robert J. Wilke as "Chief Five Barrels" and Martin Landau as 'Walks Stooped Over" is worth the viewing. With Landau you can't believe this is the cold-blooded killer of *North By Northwest* and is there any other movie or TV show where Wilke isn't the outlaw who gets done in by the hero at the end? Everybody gets lampooned so any political incorrectness gets equally spread around. Elmer Bernstein's music is on a par with his other great scores. This is a real treat!

• Like 1