Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More, more , more !!!

Geralddddd

What are themes, vehicles, characters etc .. that you love so much and wish they have made more of ? Or maybe continued with ?

P.S. AndyM108 made me think of another thread about themes in the positive but, that's too easy. Let's take it to another level.

I like movies that span years and have a broad scope, where the main characters start as children -- or youths -- but the main action of the film is as grownups, preferably with multiple locations. Examples: Anthony Adverse, The Light that Failed, The Razor's Edge, Wuthering Heights, and even Kings Row.

One theme I like is those films showing the time between WWI and WWII where the people just want to rest and relax after the war. And many cultural restraints are loosened. And later when the signs of another war are coming , the people just dance and party like there is not tomorrow because for some, its true.

Like Cabaret, The Sun Also Rises, Victor/Victoria, Most gangster films ,

Yeah, Geralddddd, I like those too. And the ones that start off with the main character/characters as children, like ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, or THE GODFATHER II.

I like crime dramas with police procedurals that seem real, courtroom dramas/comedies, any movie that shows people or persons overcoming seemingly unsurmountable odds yet do so without being vapid or overly sentimental. Bio pics that are closer to the truth than "made up" for dramatic impact, and in which the actor/actress bears SOME resemblance to whom they're depicting.

Sepiatone

I wished they made an ending for the "Crusade" TV sci fi series. I can't stand when they cancel something without an ending. Did they ever found a cure for the Drakh nanovirus plague?

The movie "Golden Compass" (2007) is made for a sequel. So much more to tell and like to know what happens if any of them enters *our* universe. Would their daemons become like our animals or would they be shock that no animal on Earth communicates.

So far NONE will be made because of this nonsense :(

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/12/16/there-will-be-no-sequels-to-the-golden-compass-because-of-catholic-pressure/

Are all movies made before the code 'pre-code' movies?

I have seen people list westerns made before the code as part of their top pre-code movies.

I don't agree with that. To me a 'pre-code' movies is a movie that was made before the code AND if made after the code would have to be edited or changed. i.e. the movie has to have scenes the code wouldn't permit.

>I have seen people list westerns made before the code as part of their >top pre-code movies.

>

>I don't agree with that.

Why are you telling me that? I didn't say anything about "Westerns".

>To me a 'pre-code' movies is a movie that was made before the code AND if made after the code would have to be edited or changed. i.e. the movie has to have scenes the code wouldn't permit.

See the photo I posted.