Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MIXED BLOOD / ALPHABET CITY

AndyM108

Did anyone else catch that terrific Saturday night underground double feature, Mixed Blood and Alphabet City ? To me it's fascinating to see movies like that along a continuum of gangland movies that run from Chaney/Bancroft through Cagney/Robinson through Pacino/De Niro and up through Menace II Society and beyond. The Brazilian actress Marilia Pera in particular gave a stunning performance in Mixed Blood, while Vincent Spano is almost as good in Alphabet City. These are just two more examples of why TCM will never become stagnant in bringing us the best of the old and of the (relatively) new.

I do enjoy the showing of cult movies very much. Not to quibble with the term, but to me a cult movie is one that has a reputation among a relatively small percentage of viewers as being an extremely worthwhile experience. Those that come and go without garnering much attention from the masses or the media, but become topics of conversation among movie freaks years afterward, are how movies become 'cult'.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings