Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Voting thread to come in a day or so

Swithin

The thread involves reposting all of the schedules in a thread with the voting rules. The complexity involves cutting and pasting, which evidently will not retain the look of the original -- meaning boldface, etc., so it will take me a little time to re-enter the schedules, then make them look as glamorous as the entrants made them!

Thanks for the offer of help, Obrien -- I'll get back to you if I need any assistance, but I'll give it a go first.

It's for the TCM Programming Challenge. Members can vote on the schedules submitted for the challenge. The schedule with the most votes wins and the person who created the schedule hosts the next challenge.

Okay, got it, and thanks for the info.

> Swithin wrote:

> The complexity involves cutting and pasting, which evidently will not retain the look of the original -- meaning boldface, etc., so it will take me a little time to re-enter the schedules, then make them look as glamorous as the entrants made them!

That sounds as if it is very much work!

My fiance and I cheated when we hosted Challenges by using the browser's: "View Source" option. This presents the unformatted page. There are many lines of html information which must be deleted but the posts retain the * and + for bold and italics and all other formatting instructions. They can be copied directly into a new post.

To do this in Chrome one needs to click on the three bars at the far right of the address bar to open the Google Control Menu and then select: Tools and then select: View Source. I am sorry to say I do not know the process for IE or Firefox but I believe all browsers have this option.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings