Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you TCM

andthensome777

Happy New Year!

I just registered here on the forums to share with everyone how much my father enjoyed watching TCM.

My father was born in 1930 in the Bronx, New York. Growing up, his favorite thing to do was go to the movies. A few years ago, my father became ill, and I moved back home to take care of him. TCM was without a doubt his favorite movie channel. He was so happy to find out that the skilled nursing facility he had 2 stays in carried TCM. He even made me bring the Now Playing magazine over when we got it in the mail! The movies on TCM allowed him to forget about his troubles, aches and pains, and to reminisce back to his younger years.

Unfortunately, my father passed away recently. I still get emotional when the Now Playing magazine arrives in the mail. I just wanted to say thanks, and this channel will always hold a special place in my heart.

Welcome to the boards.

Sorry for your loss and hope the New Year brings you some comfort. I was also born in the Bronx and grew up there. Movies also meant a lot to me and my family so I can certainly relate. TCM meant a great deal to my parents when they were alive. So glad that TCM brought joy to you and your dad.

Best Wishes for the New Year

Welcome and Happy New Year, andthensome. Thank you for sharing your touching story with us, and I'm sorry for your loss. It's nice to hear about two generations sharing a love of classic film. My father was born in 1928 in New York (though not the Bronx) and my mother used to love telling us kids that the "love of his life" was Gene Tierney. :)

Best wishes to you.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings