Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anybody see Doctor Jack last night? I saw it in the theatres in Manhattan in May, and it was hilarious, and even better on TCM. I think I'd have to say that Harold Lloyd was my favorite out of Chaplin and Keaton, and himself. I especially loved the poker scene. Llyod comediic timing was perfect in all of it. It's def. in my Top 100 or all time.

What did any of you guys thing?

I liked it too, watched this AM in fact, and have already posted a summary on my website (for anyone who's interested). I agree that Lloyd was great as well; I always look forward to seeing his films on TCM. I think of the "big three", Keaton probably remains my favorite though ... I only felt comfortable making him such after watching many of his features during TCM's April Fools month (which was EXCELLENT!).

and I enjoyed seeing Mildred Davis, and wondered if she would have had as big a career without being married to Lloyd.

This was a fun Lloyd film, and besides his antics, I particularly enjoyed looking at the furnishings in the very typical 1922 house, which had that big Tiffany style blossom lamp on the stairway front banister.

Boy, I wish I owned that! I really enjoy all the Sunday Silents that TCM shows, and I hope they never stop showing them.

I agree, Doctor Jack was very, very funny. I love seeing a "new" (to me) silent film, and Harold Lloyd is my favorite out of the 'big three' also. The beginning of it I thought was great-how he goes through all that trouble to get to the house just to find out its to save a doll from the well-but he plays along anyway and "saves" her after he looks at the tots' sad little face.