Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YIKES! Is one of these Folgers guys Robert Osborne??

FredCDobbs

They just showed Mr. Osborne in some Folgers commercials from the early 1960s, and also other commercials. He looks so different.

I think one of these might be him:

Maybe the guy at the small breakfast table, and the one operating the slide projector??

--------------------------------------------

Is this him??

Early in the interview, they showed several of his 1961 commercials for Folgers and for a cigarette company and some other product. He didn't look at all like he looks now. I've never seen these film clips before, and I didn't know about this.

I've seen those old photos of Robert Osborne before....I think he looks the same-the only thing that's changed is the color of his hair and he's gotten just a bit thicker (as we all have or will do)

I completely recognize him.

Back in the '90's, a buddy of mine got a VHS tape of old commercials that show some with people who became famous later on. Don't know if RO is in any of them. But there WAS a REESE'S ad where ROBBIE BENSON and DON MOST( Ralph Malph) collide, causing a fusion of chocolate and peanut butter. AND a much slimmer JOHN GOODMAN tells us how GOOOD his jeans feel against his skin.

Interesting stuff.

Sepiatone

No one mentioned the appearance of Virginia Christine in those commercials that Fred found. She was a good-looking actress in the 1940s, appearing in one of the Universal Mummy movies. Somehow, she ended up married to Fritz Feld.

This thread seems kinda fun...

<< Bob worked for a Modeling agency, and they got him the random commercials for various products. >>

By the looks of this commercial

(

),

Mr. Osborne was hired as a finger model as his two fingers get more time than the rest of him...

Watch Mr. Osborne in the pilot episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies" from September 1962 here:

P.S. Modelling is British/Canadian spelling

Supposedly you can view the 1958 episode of "The Californians" with Robert Osborne as Corey Harris ("Dangerous Journey" - Season 2, Episode 9) here:

http://www.tvduck.com/The-Californians.html

Note: I haven't done the "Create a free account" thing to view the episode.

SO BEWARE! It may simply be a scam.

You can buy a video that includes the Robert Osborne episode of "The Californians" here:

http://otrdvd.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=889

"Dangerous Journey" is the episode with Mr. Osborne.

Edited by: RMeingast on Jan 7, 2014 5:06 PM

Fixed web address.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings