Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LOVE LETTERS, my favorite romantic movie!

FredCDobbs

I couldn't find my old DVD of this film, so I recorded it again late last night, and I'm watching it now.

I think this is the most romantic film I've ever seen, with a perfect (and unique) story, and a perfect cast, and a wonderful ending. :P

Fred, I'm with you all the way on this one. 1940s was a great era for romantic movies, and they don't get any better than *Love Letters*, with the lovely Jennifer Jones giving a wonderful performance.

As you may know, Ayn Rand worked on this script.

• 2 years later...
Let's see. We've got Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton. There's Ayn Rand's adaptation. Most importantly, only 2 out of 4 stars from Leonard Martin (that alone should guarantee this will be a great movie). What's not to like? 

On again February 3, 2016 8:00 PM ET

dJxe2Lq.png

• Like 1

Let's see. We've got Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton.  There's Ayn Rand's adaptation. Most importantly, only 2 out of 4  stars from Leonard Martin (that alone should guarantee this will be a great movie). What's not to like? 

On again February 3, 2016 8:00 PM ET
dJxe2Lq.png

OK, I'll watch it. It better be good.

• Like 1

Love Letters is a Beautiful film. Not shown too often, maybe once or twice a year. The  story has been remade a few times over the years. This version with Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten and Gladys Cooper is excellent. Great performances. Romantic, sweet and touching. Glad I have a tape of this one. It's definitely worth watching

• Like 1

If nothing else, Love Letters has a truly lovely title song by Victor Young, the same composer who had given the world "Stella By Starlight" the year before in The Uninvited. The orchestral sound is lush and romantic, the kind of music that will immeasurably add to the appeal of a film.

• Like 1

Love Letters is a Beautiful film. Not shown too often, maybe once or twice a year. The  story has been remade a few times over the years. This version with Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten and Gladys Cooper is excellent. Great performances. Romantic, sweet and touching. Glad I have a tape of this one. It's definitely worth watching

I believe this is the first time I saw this film, I think Joseph Cotten and Jennifer Jones made a nice screen duo, this is not the only film they appeared in...DUEL IN THE SUN, SINCE YOU WENT AWAY and the penultimate pairing in PORTRAIT OF JENNIE.  I like Joseph Cotten and enjoy all his movies even his wickedness in SHADOW OF A DOUBT, my favourite Alfred Hitchcock film.

• Like 2

I believe this is the first time I saw this film, I think Joseph Cotten and Jennifer Jones made a nice screen duo, this is not the only film they appeared in...DUEL IN THE SUN, SINCE YOU WENT AWAY and the penultimate pairing in PORTRAIT OF JENNIE.  I like Joseph Cotten and enjoy all his movies even his wickedness in SHADOW OF A DOUBT, my favourite Alfred Hitchcock film.

Nicely stated. I concur whole-heartedly. 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings