Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marcia Mae Jones

Any other fans here? I mean, that girl was just dastardly in all those Shirley Temple films. Really could run the gamut from mean to diabolical and was as nasty as Ernest Torrence in his prime.

By the way, I've seen "The Way We Were" a couple times and having never remembered her in it, decided to watch it full tilt last nite scouring each scene for her in it, as she is supposed to have played Peggy Vanderbilt and yet...I still did not spot her.

Does anyone know in what scene she is, and does she ever speak???

Thanks for any assistance!

I've only seen Marcia in a couple of films, her *verbal* bullying role in "The Little Princess" made her stand out in most people's memory but in "Heidi" (1937) she played the crippled Clara. The 1986 remake of "The Little Princess" had a far more physical aggressive bully.

She is a cutie in "The Champ" (1931) and the last time I saw her was in the late 1990's when the A&E had the Biography series talking about Shirley Temple.

I say her minor role in "The Way We Were" could had been edited out, that has happened before.

Marcia on the left in "The Champ (1931)

2h3wsqq.jpg

This is how she looked on A&E

74c6_35.JPG

Edited by: hamradio on Jan 8, 2014 9:04 PM

I can't answer your question re THE WAY WE WERE, but I do like Marcia Mae Jones a lot. She could be both kind ("Clara" in HEIDI) and mean-spirited ("Lavinia" in THE LITTLE PRINCESS), and she was a great "gal pal" to the star of some films ("Olga" in MAD ABOUT MUSIC with Deanna Durbin.)

I think her most best performance may have been as "Rosalie Wells" in 1936's THESE THREE. Although Bonita Granville received the majority of critical attention (and an Oscar nomination) for her performance as the malevolent brat whose lies almost ruin the lives of Miriam Hopkins, Merle Oberon and Joel McCrea, Jones is just as impressive as Granville's terrified "vassal."

• 3 months later...

Any other fans here? I mean, that girl was just dastardly in all those Shirley Temple films. Really could run the gamut from mean to diabolical and was as nasty as Ernest Torrence in his prime.

marcia mae jones plays an excellent supporting role in a very disturbing (imo) movie called _mountain justice_ (1937).

• 4 years later...

Hi, I realize this thread is old but came across it when I was searching for clues as to where Marcia Mae Jones shows up in The Way We Were.  It has been a mystery for me as well.  After watching it again today all of the way through and didn’t see her, I decided to watch it again, specifically looking for Marcia.  I found her!  She plays the radio actress at the beginning of the film.  When Katie runs across the street to work at the radio studio, Marcia is the actress giving Katie a hard time about mentioning the black market.  Now I can go to bed, haha!    

IMG_7683.jpg