Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner Brothers' Annual Blooper Films

speedracer5

Apparently, back in the 30s and 40s, Warner Brothers used to compile an annual blooper reel of their talent screwing up scenes. They would then air the blooper reel at an end of the year party.

These blooper films are now on You Tube. If you search for "Breakdowns of 1939 (for example)" then you should find it. The other years will probably be linked on the side. I think there are about 10 years of films on here. Some of the bloopers are hilarious and they feature many of Warner Brothers' biggest stars like Errol Flynn, Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis and Olivia De Havilland (for example).

It came as quite a revelation that Olivia De Havilland is quite a potty mouth. I wasn't surprised to hear Bogie and Bette Davis cursing. Errol curses too, but he's a little more sophisticated than Bogie and Bette when he does it. It's probably the accent that for whatever reason makes it sound fancy.

One of my favorite bloopers is from some film, I think Eddie Cantor is in it and is dressed as an Indian; and a nurse comes in and she accidentally asks him to go back to his "peepee" instead of "teepee." The look on her face afterward is priceless.

Just thought I'd share the existence of these hilarious films.

Thanks, speedracer! I've seen some of these and they are hilarious. Maybe you could post some links for us from YouTube?

I was reminded of another blooper that happened on a radio program with Burns and Allen (I had the vinyl album). Gracie was telling a story about her relative (brother or uncle) who was a glass blower. Gracie went on to say, "... he was sitting there blowing gas..." She suddenly stopped and the audience cracked up. She kind of giggled, a little embarrassed... :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings