Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

t.c.m anniversary

you would of thought that as part of the anniversary Time Warner would expand more exploration of film history.As I nagged before They are sitting on some historically important films.The trial of Mary Dugan ,both 1929 and 1940.Under a Texas Moon 1930.Although Paramount now owns it legally they could allow t.cm to premier it, John Gilbert's first talkie,His glorious night, plus many 10o more that Time Warner is sitting on that have no copyright problems, through the economics of title switching,They could become more open too and explore the bad side of film history equally ,besides t own countries heritage ,But no just continued over exposed popular hits with only occasional introduction to a obscured classic .The problem is that they are only serving mainstream classic film fans and not equally film students,Fans of unpopular classic .As i stated they keep doing this the Time Warner is going to burn the mainstream audience out from ever seeing the popular one again.Worse this could end up lie a.m.c ,as Time Warner gets more and more greedy and selfish against entrainment consumers

> you would of thought that as part of the anniversary Time Warner would expand more exploration of film history.

Please please please run The Story of Film: An Odyssey again!

Please, please, please proofread your posts. It shows consideration to the people you would like to dialog with to make intelligible posts.

slaytonf says:

Please, please, please proofread your posts. It shows consideration to the people you would like to dialog with to make intelligible posts.

Please, please, please proofread your grammar, slaytonf.

"Dialog" is a *noun.*

musikone

From Dictionary.com (so it's not OED online--sue me) :

di?a?logue [dahy-uh-lawg, -log] Show IPA noun

1. conversation between two or more persons.

2. the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.

3. an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, especially a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.

4. a literary work in the form of a conversation: a dialogue of Plato.

*verb* (used without object), di?a?logued, di?a?logu?ing.

5. to carry on a dialogue; converse.

6. to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.

>Please, please, please proofread your posts. It shows consideration to the people you would like to dialog with to make intelligible posts.

Indeed. I wish more people WOULD proof their zero punctuation run on posts. Apparently they do not realize readers can't comprehend their posts and it definitely shuts the door on any meaningful "conversation".

>Please, please, please proofread your grammar

Now that's just nit-picky.

I said "conversation" but I understand "dialogue" too.

But what the hex is this?:

>Under a Texas Moon 1930.Although Paramount now owns it legally they could allow t.cm to premier it, John Gilbert's first talkie,His glorious night, plus many 10o more that Time Warner is sitting on that have no copyright problems, through the economics of title switching,They could become more open too and explore the bad side of film history equally ,besides t own countries heritage ,But no just continued over exposed popular hits with only occasional introduction to a obscured classic .

(I just assume English may be their second language...I don't know if I could fare much better posting in French)

slaytonf says:

From Dictionary.com (so it's not OED online--sue me) :

di?a?logue dahy-uh-lawg, -log Show IPA noun

1. conversation between two or more persons.

2. the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.

3. an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, especially a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.

4. a literary work in the form of a conversation: a dialogue of Plato.

verb (used without object), di?a?logued, di?a?logu?ing.

5. to carry on a dialogue; converse.

6. to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.

Both the Cambridge American English and Merriam Webster dictionaries recognize the word "dialog" as only a noun. These are two authoritative dictionaries, which have been in existence for a very long time. On the other hand, Dictionary.com has no authority and is not recognized anywhere except online by the younger generation which, for the most part, has great trouble speaking, reading, and writing the English language.

It is impossible to take your points 5 and 6 seriously. Stick to well-recognized authoritative sources for your English words!!

musikone

The verbing of nouns is in the best tradition of the English language.

Ok, from the Oxford English Dictionary, for which I will accept no higher authority, for U. S. English:

noun

conversation between two or more people as a feature of a book, play, or movie:

the book consisted of a series of dialogues

passages of dialogue

a discussion between two or more people or groups, especially one directed toward exploration of a particular subject or resolution of a problem:

the U.S. would enter into a direct dialogue with Vietnam

interfaith dialogue

*verb*

[no object] chiefly *North American*

take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem:

he stated that he wasn?t going to dialogue with the guerrillas

[with object] provide (a movie or play) with a dialogue.

Emphasis mine.

Whydon'tallyou Edwin Newman wannabees just admit you ain't got no stuff to add to the OPz originul post insted of goin off on tagnets about englisk?

Spetiatoan

> The verbing of nouns is in the best tradition of the English language.

When I hear "dialog" used as a verb, I am for some reason reminded of [this commercial|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxcxfL5jas].

"Dialog" as a verb sounds like some sort of business buzzword to me, as opposed to standard everyday English. Like leveraging proactive synergies or something. Or maybe Variety-speak.

Fedya says:

"Dialog" as a verb sounds like some sort of business buzzword to me, as opposed to standard everyday English. Like leveraging proactive synergies or something. Or maybe Variety-speak.

Whatever it is, it can be likened to a square peg not fitting into a round hole.

musikone