Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It happen one night and it's remake

28Silent

Although the American version had more slap stick and the 1936 German remake was a bit static , the remake was pretty interesting.There was attempted to make their version of Manhattan to look American ,except the scene where Willie Fritsch orders a beer at a five and ten cent store ! .F.w Marnau Inst. had it restored ,Unless they had changed their mind the spoke person at i.h.f told me that they were going to distribute the American premier to home video soon with English subtitles .I doubt t.c.m would premier It ,That company charges digital rights about 700 and something dollars .They state for t,v rights contact them .They charge way to much for television exhibition

I did not know about this one. I thought from the thread title you were referring to "You Can't Run Away From It" the 50's remake with June Allyson and Jack Lemmon. June seemed to have a mid-fifties monopoly on remakes of 30's comedies: in addition to this she also starred in the remakes of "The Women" ("The Opposite Sex" - not well received, but I find it highly entertaining) and "My Man Godfrey".

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings