Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Decision Before Dawn - Karl Maurer

strswimmer18

About a year ago I first saw the 1950 movie "Decision Before Dawn" & I loved it! And I have tried every way I can to figure out who the real Karl Maurer was. Before the movie there's a notice that says the names of the people have been changed. But in his introduction Ben Mankiewicz talks about the director of the movie visiting the real Karl Maurer's parents. So clearly there is record out there of who he really was & if anyone knows his real name or how I could find it out I'd really appreciate it!!

Im sorry but I cannot answer your question but I share your interest in this film.To me it is one of the best of the genre with "12 O'Clock High" and "The Story of G.I.Joe" All of the characters in this films seem real and the script ties you to your chair for the entire production.There are so many topics explored so many moments of tension and the photography and direction are almost perfect.Basehart,Werner,Neff etc give brilliant performances and bring this story to life.I wish more people would see it so they could appreciate it.