Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen on the Green 2005

Has been very nice thus far. Got to see SOME LIKE IT HOT, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, and this week is THE BIRDS(I hope the weather's alright for this one)

Not crazy about the final two selections, but kudos must be given to tcm programmer once again this year.

And finally-if I may be so bold-I'd like to suggest a few titles; rather, let's call them possibilities for next year's festival.

Maybe a mixed genre salad of selections, crossing into Western and even a bit of Sci-Fi:

TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE(the people want Bogart-let them have him, imo)if not TOTSM then perhaps CASABLANCA.

FORBIDDEN PLANET(watched this last night again for about 100th time, but something about it makes it a good outdoor watch)

if not F.P. then WAR OF THE WORLDS(heck why not, ya know?)

for the Hitchcock selection go with Bob Osborne's favorite NOTORIOUS or perhaps even REAR WINDOW(that sort of fits the lifestyle of the good people of Midtown Atlanta anyways)

Break out a PRESTON STURGES pick with either PALM BEACH STORY or THE LADY EVE.

Salute to the Darkness with DOUBLE INDEMNITY or SUNSET BOULEVARD possibly.....or an ORSON WELLES pick like TOUCH OF EVIL or THE THIRD MAN?

And for the final ingredient......throw in one of FRANK ZAPPA's picks.

These of course are only mere suggestions for next year's festival. I understand a lot of time and effort goes into putting this together every year, and I appreciate it greatly.