Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress's contracts

smitty1931

There was a film I watched recently on TCM-- a very well-known film with a well-known actress. And in one of the scenes she looks bloated. She is normally thin and radiant. But in this scene, she doesn't look that way. My first thought was, she must have been sick the day they filmed this. Then, it occurred to me, she might have been menstruating. I haven't noticed this in any other classic film. But then, I wasn't looking for it either.

I am not sure if that's true or not. I could see some diva actress getting that written into her contract.

Personally, I wouldn't want it to become common knowledge that if I weren't at work that day, it was because of that.

"Oh, Kayla isn't at work today. It must be that time of the month again!

Ugh! How awful.

I suppose if you're interested... I've read in several sources actresses could be excused the first and sometimes second day of menstruation. A bigger actress could get three to four days off. And yes, it was written in the contract.

It has to do with skin changing and not taking the make-up the same, water retention and I'm sure attitude.

Some actresses had stipulations they could not be photographed after 4pm!

All that so they could constantly look their best.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings