Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dave Madden of "The Partridge Family" dies

Geminigirl

Dave Madden has died today at the age of 82. He portrayed Reuben Kincaid on "The Partridge Family". This is the third death today........I am getting that "Twilight Zone" feeling again.................may he rest in peace.

Edited by: Geminigirl on Jan 16, 2014 9:19 PM

Edited by: Geminigirl on Jan 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Sad day for tv fans ( losing the professor and Reuben ). I thought about Danny Bonaduce today. He has had a tough life (some brought on by his own stupid decisions) but he grew up very close to Dave Madden. According to Bonaduce his father was abusive and he spent a lot of time with Madden, even moving in with him for a time. I was a fan of The Partridge Family. Reuben and Danny's chemistry on the show was awesome; perfect. RIP Reuben, finally Danny will leave you the heck alone. :)

Wow it's amazing when you see a charactor actor like this as a kid....you think he's an old guy. He was probably in his late 30's early 40's in PARTRIDGE FAMILY, much younger than I perceived.

He was a comedic talent who added to every production he was in. He pops up every once in awhile in TV repeats & movies....and he's always great.

Well I remember watching the show as a kid (Day was my first crush), and hoping Madden and Jones (their characters), would marry (a fairly standard plot device often used in the last year of a series).

Anyhow, now that I know more about Jones and her sex life (NOT her character in the series), it appears Madden missed out!

Anyhow, now that I know more about Jones and her sex life (NOT her character in the series), it appears Madden missed out!

I saw somewhere that Joan Collins was threatening to sue Shirley Jones and/or her book's publisher about some allegation she made about Joan Collins and her then husband Anthony Newley. If I recall it had something to do with a "swinging" proposition to Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy.

I wonder who has the burden of proof in a lawsuit like this.

I assume it would be the one suing (so in this case Collins). But how does one prove that something was never said?????

I've learned that Joan Collins has won her fight. Shirley Jones and her publisher have agreed to remove Joan Collins's name from all e-copies and from.future printings of Jones's memoir. I guess the copies WITH the Collins/Newley story included will be collector's items now.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20722624,00.html

Like it's ALWAYS been done in our "Advocate/Adversarial Court System" of course, James!

(...the person with the best, most likable and most often higher paid attorney will win, facts be damned...ESPECIALLY out YOUR way in L.A.!) ;)

LOL

Awww, that's too bad. So, lemme guess here...the poor guy is always somewhat lackluster and monotone and shows little passion whenever he's presenting his cases to the juries.

(...kinda like Matthew Broderick and half the guest presenters at TCM, SAY?!)

LOL

Well there really wasn't a fight as it relates to a jury or judge deciding the outcome. So I still wonder how this type of 'she said, she said' case is decided if it goes to court.

Correct, the fight never made it to court. Joan Collins had _threatened_ to sue (she even used the word "libel") but the publisher and Shirley Jones agreed to remove Collins's name before any suit was filed. Jones still contends that the story was true while Collins says it never happened. In the US, the burden of proof in a case of libel is on the plaintiff so if this particular case had gone to court the burden of proof would have been on Collins. Until very recently, in the UK the burden of proof in libel cases has been on the accused.

Well he didn't actual present a case to a jury in over a decade so we all wondered why he was doing so this time. I assume it was to go out with a bang but instead he will retire (unless he runs for a 5th time), with his legacy tainted.

But yea you have his presentation style down pat. Smart and factual but that only works for a DA behind the scenes.