Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WINGS OF DESIRE on Sunday night at midnight

roverrocks

Having seen one of it's remakes many times *(City of Angels 1998)*, I would also like to see this original version. I like City of Angels mostly because I'm a fan of Meg Ryan - I luuuurrv v e Meg Ryan :P (no arguments, please :) ) .. the story also intrigued me.

Oh, that's right. You're "west of the Pecos".. or somewhere thereabouts :)

I just rechecked the schedule.. for us "dudes" on the East coast the air time is 2:00 AM *EST* on the Sunday night schedule.

I see Peter Falk is in the cast, listed as "himself".

I am SO GLAD there's a thread to bring attention to WINGS OF DESIRE, one of my favorite movies.

I also really love CITY OF ANGELS, despite the flaws. Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen them, the main difference is the ending and I prefer COA ending better.

Although I actually burst out "WHERE'S YOUR HELMET?" in the theater- I could not believe a DR wouldn't wear a bike helmet while riding on the street. Big flaw there.

But I loved the shots of the angels standing gargoyle like in the library.

WINGS OF DESIRE is a slower pace and kind of revels in emotion, which I like better than a fast paced story. Also features favorite Nick Cave in a scene.

Emotional? I saw this with a friend at the Eastman House and he was a blubbering mess by the end of the movie.