Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

North by Northwest AGAIN???!!!

Dargo2

Nah, this thread isn't QUITE what you're thinkin' it's gonna be about...but I DID grab your attention here, didn't I?! ;)

I'm watching the CBS series "Person of Interest" last night and which in this episode features our stalwart hero Mr. Reese onboard a commercial airliner attempting to save yet another life by keeping at bay all the bad guys intent on killing the victim at 40,000 ft.

And yep, lo and behold, guess what the inflight movie was that the passengers were watching on the big inflight screen, and which evidently was SO involving and were transfixed upon said big inflight screen that they missed seeing Mr.Reese kickin' the ever-livin' you-know-what out of the bad guys just a few short feet away?

(...yeah, you guessed it...betcha my topic heading gave it away, huh!) ;)

>I'm not that surprised. I would have been more surprised if the inflight movie was STRIKE ME PINK...

LOL

Yeah, but then again what's the chances of a Richard Whorf...err...I mean an Eddie Cantor flick bein' shown on an airliner, huh?!

>....Was it supposedly circa 1959?

And nope, the series is set in the present.

>I guess the passengers were riveted.to the screen because the don't have TCM, and thus never had seen it.

And yeah Arturo, that COULD have explained it, alright.

I mean the average age on that flight DID look to be skewed fairly young. ;)

(...well, except for that one nun with the guitar sitting in Seat 14-C, AND that older lady who could talk "Jive" seated in the Exit Row, anyway!)

>You're an airline guy. Don't they generally show recent movies in-flight?

Yeah, they do.

(...though I HAVE heard they've recently started showing old B&W movies whenever there is supposed to be a lot of kids traveling on certain flights...word is the little tykes get bored and fall asleep...its a "win-win" for everyone on board, ya see)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings